Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mbappe is a clinical finisher. We need a clinical finisher.

Back on topic. Walker would be a significant upgrade on our first team, is English and has experience whilst having the desire to win. Tall & very fast, playing his part in one of the best Premier League defences in the past few season. It's a yes from me.

Mbappe is a clinical finisher. We need a clinical finisher.

Back on topic. Walker would be a significant upgrade on our first team, is English and has experience whilst having the desire to win. Tall & very fast, playing his part in one of the best Premier League defences in the past few season. It's a yes from me.

If the rumours are true, we will be a bigger, quicker side next season. Not what people associate with Pep but it was the same with Mancini once he'd had a look at the Prem.

Much bigger squad following season.

Iheanacho hasn't had a drop off, he's just not in favour with Pep's thinking.

He'd still double Rashford's conversion rate.

Nobody is interested in Mbappe simply because he scores goals in France. They are interested in him because, like Jesus, he appears to be close to unstoppable vs pretty much anybody.

If the going rate for Pogba & Martial & Kyle Walker are set, then Mbappe's price is 100 mil plus.

It is what it is. Sané & Jesus are now that price plus, imo.

Iheanacho has had a big drop off.

Last season he came in with no fear, had a confidence on the pitch verging on arrogance and looked like he was going to score every time he was on the pitch.

This season his touch is off, he looks nervous, doesn't show for the ball as much and when he gets it often makes basic mistakes with his judgement and technique.

Perhaps he's a player who is better just going out and playing off instinct and when you give him too many instructions is affects his game. That could be one reason he looked so much better under Pellegrini than Guardiola.

But to say he's not had a drop off this season is just absurd.

Of course people are interested in Mbappe because he scores goals. There's more to his game of course, but there is more to Rashford's game as well.

Unstoppable vs pretty much everybody? Probably stretching it a bit, mate. He looked pretty stoppable for the 170 minutes against Juventus, but did have a good spell in the last 10 minutes of the second leg.

The market price is dictated by what the will pay. There isn't a club in the market that would pay 100 mil for Sané. Perhaps Jesus could fetch 70-80m, but no one would pay 120 for him just yet.

It's a good point. Pep hopefully has learnt many lessons this season and will address weaknesses this summer. I'm thinking, height, energy & pace predominantly.

My only real concern with Walker is whether he has the close control to play out of the back like Pep sides want to do. All his other attributes I'm very happy with.

If the rumours are true, we will be a bigger, quicker side next season. Not what people associate with Pep but it was the same with Mancini once he'd had a look at the Prem.

Much bigger squad following season.

Iheanacho has had a big drop off.

Last season he came in with no fear, had a confidence on the pitch verging on arrogance and looked like he was going to score every time he was on the pitch.

This season his touch is off, he looks nervous, doesn't show for the ball as much and when he gets it often makes basic mistakes with his judgement and technique.

Perhaps he's a player who is better just going out and playing off instinct and when you give him too many instructions is affects his game. That could be one reason he looked so much better under Pellegrini than Guardiola.

But to say he's not had a drop off this season is just absurd.

Of course people are interested in Mbappe because he scores goals. There's more to his game of course, but there is more to Rashford's game as well.

Unstoppable vs pretty much everybody? Probably stretching it a bit, mate. He looked pretty stoppable for the 170 minutes against Juventus, but did have a good spell in the last 10 minutes of the second leg.

The market price is dictated by what the will pay. There isn't a club in the market that would pay 100 mil for Sané. Perhaps Jesus could fetch 70-80m, but no one would pay 120 for him just yet.

Kelechi has played 90 mins in the league, a total of.....once. He scored one & had one assist.

In the last 21 league games, he has played a total of...37 mins. In the FA Cup, he has played a total of...26 mins. In the few minutes he managed in the rest of the season, he's managed 5 goals & 3 assists. (+ 2 goals in the Champs Lg)

Iheanacho has the 2nd best goals per minute ratio in the Premier League, behind Gabriel Jesus.

Jesus: 560 mins 6 goals 3 assists 9 goal involvements 62.2 mins per goal
Kelechi: 508 mins 4 goals 3 assists 7 goal involvements 72.6 mins per goal.

Thats from the Sun & can't be right actually, but he's 2nd in the list. Ah it's mins per goal/assist.

Rashford, isn't in the list.

Last edited:
Kelechi has played 90 mins in the league, a total of.....once. He scored one & had one assist.

In the last 21 league games, he has played a total of...37 mins. In the FA Cup, he has played a total of...26 mins. In the few minutes he managed in the rest of the season, he's managed 5 goals & 3 assists. (+ 2 goals in the Champs Lg)

Iheanacho has the 2nd best goals per minute ratio in the Premier League, behind Gabriel Jesus.

Jesus: 560 mins 6 goals 3 assists 9 goal involvements 62.2 mins per goal
Kelechi: 508 mins 4 goals 3 assists 7 goal involvements 72.6 mins per goal.

Thats from the Sun & can't be right actually, but he's 2nd in the list. Ah it's mins per goal/assist.

Rashford, isn't in the list.

Oh ok, so goals aren't important when evaluating Mbappe, but they're absolutely essential when evaluating Iheanacho? Seems legit.

I think Kelechi is a really talented kid with a great eye for goal, but if you don't think his performances have dropped this season compared with last then I can only assume you've not been watching.

I think he'll go on to have a career in football in the top flight, a dip at his age is completely normal and expected. His goal scoring record is excellent, but as an all round player I'd put Rasford ahead of him at the moment, based on what I've seen.

Walker foes not suit pep style he is typical kick and run player nit tiki-taka player. Doubt that pep is interested in him. Maybe his agent using city in order to get better contract for kyle.

Oh ok, so goals aren't important when evaluating Mbappe, but they're absolutely essential when evaluating Iheanacho? Seems legit.

I think Kelechi is a really talented kid with a great eye for goal, but if you don't think his performances have dropped this season compared with last then I can only assume you've not been watching.

I think he'll go on to have a career in football in the top flight, a dip at his age is completely normal and expected. His goal scoring record is excellent, but as an all round player I'd put Rasford ahead of him at the moment, based on what I've seen.

No idea why you think I said Mbappe scoring goals doesn't matter but perhaps if Walker does one game in the league for 90 mins next season, people will say his game has dropped off as well, also based on not seeing him, as neither of us have seen Kelechi. Nobody has. He doesn't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.