Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Madrid is particularly thick. I think Mbappe is the hottest player in Europe right now. Hotter than Ronaldo or Messi.

I don't think the fact that Aguero has a bigger resume would be any more convincing to Madrid. Across Europe everyone is talking about this kid phenom. He might currently is shinning brighter than anyone's. So he is the one Madrid will want.

Also, Zidane is French, so more likely than not he even has a nationalistic reason to bring the hottest young prospect in football to Madrid.

I see no reason why they would prefer Aguero to Mbappe. None.

I disagree with all your reasoning. Mbappe is "hot" but he isn't the finished article. Madrid don't buy potential. They buy guys who go straight in and hit the ground running. Mbappe isn't that guy.

I disagree with all your reasoning. Mbappe is "hot" but he isn't the finished article. Madrid don't buy potential. They buy guys who go straight in and hit the ground running. Mbappe isn't that guy.
People say this a lot but it actually isn't true. Isco, Rodriquez, Varane, Marcelo, Drenthe, Huntelaar, Odergard just to name a few recently suggests Madrid buys hot players.

The common factor has always been "being hot", that some of them like Fake and Real Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo, Kaka and Nistlerooy were also accomplished was just incidental. Hot players often are accomplished. That's how they became hot in the first place, but Madrid generally buy hot talent.

So yeah, I expect Mbappe is now #1 on their shopping list.

"City shouldn't pay the price for Mbappe even if he turns out to be the best player in the world and goes to the rags AND even if we can afford it without it negatively affecting other signings"

I'm not sure many here would agree with that statement.

Yes and I clearly state that to be the worst case scenario. I'm not sure what I said in my full statement that you took the quote from would be hard to agree with. What you basically said is all based on a big 'what IF' of him reaching his full potential and like I added even in those circumstances its not the end of the world if the club misses out on him as more will come along. I'm not even sure madrid will pay any price for a young prospect mainly based off his potential from 1 season just because they can afford it. Their two most expensive buys(bale,ronaldo) were players reaching their peak who had built a brand and name over a couple of seasons and were practically close to being the finished article. The largest they spent on young players were the £35.8m and £23m for benzema and isco respectively whom at the time were both 21 and had a couple of consistent seasons at the top level in building a name for themselves. I just find the idea that teams are willing to break transfer records for him based on 1 season hard to believe

People say this a lot but it actually isn't true. Isco, Rodriquez, Varane, Marcelo, Drenthe, Huntelaar, Odergard just to name a few recently suggests Madrid buys hot players.

The common factor has always been "being hot", that some of them like Fake and Real Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo, Kaka and Nistlerooy were also accomplished was just incidental. Hot players often are accomplished. That's how they became hot in the first place, but Madrid generally buy hot talent.

So yeah, I expect Mbappe is now #1 on their shopping list.

Why do you put a q in RodriGuez?! I've seen it a few times now.

If I was Mbappe I'd be tempted by the Milan clubs. Guaranteed minutes, more chance to settle in gently, chance to revive a fallen giant and the opportunity for a bigger move 2-4 years down the line.

Can't help but imagine similarities between Aguero became for us to what Mbappe could be for someone else. Dybala, Aubameyang and Griezmann too, all show the benefit to looking out outside those superclubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.