Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah DeGea is undoubtedly a pretty decent keeper but whereas Meier and Buffon have won world cups, DeGea has barely registered in major international tournaments or the latter stages of the CL.
There is no agreed definition of a Galactico that I know of but DeGea does not as yet fit the image in my eyes.

Would you class Aguero as a galactico then?

Would you class Aguero as a galactico then?
I'd put him a bit closer to it than De Gea partly because of 93:20 and also because attacking players tend to have greater recognition than defensive players and 'keepers.

Something has become very very clear the last couple of days. Monaco will allow Mbappe to decide whether or not he wants to leave this summer. There's clearly a will from them to keep him, but also an acceptance that they can't control the situation.

Of course you should never rule Real Madrid out of a big transfer, but I'd be surprised if they felt that he was the right signing for them this summer. It'll be a Galactico price without the marketing bang that they crave.
So often as fans we want world class players once they are established this is really hard. I just hope City do this now before the likes of Madrid want him. Our attack will be outstanding with him, Sane, Sterling, Gabby Jesus and Sanchez ( if we could get them all).

Something has become very very clear the last couple of days. Monaco will allow Mbappe to decide whether or not he wants to leave this summer. There's clearly a will from them to keep him, but also an acceptance that they can't control the situation.

Of course you should never rule Real Madrid out of a big transfer, but I'd be surprised if they felt that he was the right signing for them this summer. It'll be a Galactico price without the marketing bang that they crave.

That could easily change if he has a couple of big games in the CL semi final and final.

So often as fans we want world class players once they are established this is really hard. I just hope City do this now before the likes of Madrid want him. Our attack will be outstanding with him, Sane, Sterling, Gabby Jesus and Sanchez ( if we could get them all).
The notion that the likes of Madrid doesn't doesn'twant this kid is naive and hopeful if you ask me. I think at this point we can safely assume most top teams are plotting to get him.

The notion that the likes of Madrid doesn't doesn'twant this kid is naive and hopeful if you ask me. I think at this point we can safely assume most top teams are plotting to get him.

I agree that the notion that they don't want him. I think that they will want to see one more year from him before they break the record for him. I think it's a far greater risk for them than it is for us as far as buying him this summer.

It will probably be this summer or never.

The meeting with Pep, aguero, and his agent happened on the 20th. I suspect the meeting was to let them know that he was being dropped for GJ. He started vs Tottenham and was dropped for GJ after that. He probably let him know that he needed to fight for his spot and that if he wanted to start looking for another club then now was the time to do so.

I think with the way Sergio has responded was an indicator that he is willing to stay and adapt to the system. The probability of him leaving has been shrinking weekly from my POV. This isn't really off-topic because it most likely relates directly to KM.

The thing that I'm caught up on is that we're going after Sanchez and Mbappe. That would have to mean that Aguero has been shopped around. The only clubs that make sense to me are RM, PSG, and a small chance at Inter or China. I think 4-1 at RM is the best shot and 20% seems realistic enough to me. PSG doesn't make a whole lot of since and 10-1 seems about right.

As far as Mbappe goes. I'm sure the conversations Pep had with his father was a great conversation and both sides liked what they heard or we wouldn't be back in for him. I'm wondering if they've spoke again since then? I doubt we'd be making record breaking bids if he wasn't willing to come. I think there's a ton of value at 8-1 for all you gamblers out there. If Kun leaves then I'm pretty certain that Mbappe will come. I think Sanchez is coming for sure (60-75%) and Mbappe around 20%.

I agree that the notion that they don't want him. I think that they will want to see one more year from him before they break the record for him. I think it's a far greater risk for them than it is for us as far as buying him this summer.

It will probably be this summer or never.

The meeting with Pep, aguero, and his agent happened on the 20th. I suspect the meeting was to let them know that he was being dropped for GJ. He started vs Tottenham and was dropped for GJ after that. He probably let him know that he needed to fight for his spot and that if he wanted to start looking for another club then now was the time to do so.

I think with the way Sergio has responded was an indicator that he is willing to stay and adapt to the system. The probability of him leaving has been shrinking weekly from my POV. This isn't really off-topic because it most likely relates directly to KM.

The thing that I'm caught up on is that we're going after Sanchez and Mbappe. That would have to mean that Aguero has been shopped around. The only clubs that make sense to me are RM, PSG, and a small chance at Inter or China. I think 4-1 at RM is the best shot and 20% seems realistic enough to me. PSG doesn't make a whole lot of since and 10-1 seems about right.

As far as Mbappe goes. I'm sure the conversations Pep had with his father was a great conversation and both sides liked what they heard or we wouldn't be back in for him. I'm wondering if they've spoke again since then? I doubt we'd be making record breaking bids if he wasn't willing to come. I think there's a ton of value at 8-1 for all you gamblers out there. If Kun leaves then I'm pretty certain that Mbappe will come. I think Sanchez is coming for sure (60-75%) and Mbappe around 20%.
Why did mbappe tweet about Sanchez to City and then delete it ?

Found this on twitter :

Bad quality but the montage with ITW parts (don't forget to click on the subtitle) is interresting, I post this here so the ones of you guys that don't know him too much can have a better idea.

Found this on twitter :

Bad quality but the montage with ITW parts (don't forget to click on the subtitle) is interresting, I post this here so the ones of you guys that don't know him too much can have a better idea.

Cool, thanks! Finally something related to Mbappe in this thread :)
Edit: glad that my opinion coincides with the one of greats like Henry and Deschamps: Mbappe's game is not about physicality or even technique, his football brain is the most dazzling thing about him. And I'm curious if he's really Cristiano's fan as it was reported. CR7 (with all respect) is a pretty dumb player compared to Mbappe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.