Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
if City want to spend cash over 100m for one player, just go for Neymar instead.
crazy money for 18 years old who play in Ligue 1 and just about to complete his first full season.

Last edited:
Revenue to cost, cost to supporter; surely a relationship exists?
That relationship only exists dependent on Sheik Mansours short/long term prospective gains - of which neither us nor the media are privy to.

He's a fantastic talent but if its between him and Neymar I would pick Neymar every time[/QUOTE

Surely long term Mbappe is the better option?
Neymar might do a couple of years then piss off and generally Brazilians struggle in the Premier league. Mbappe is young and can only get better, Neymar would have little affinity to us and is a moaning bastard.

Don't think we'll get him personally, but don't really understand why anyone would give a shit what the transfer fee is?

For him I dont care how much we pay because he is exceptional match winner player.

But if we spend £40m on Walker , Ederson ...etc then I care.

Unfortunately I can't see us signing Mbappe. If reports are to be believed, the world record transfer fee will need to be broken to acquire his services. Unless we opt to sell Aguero, I don't see any point in spending an exorbitant amount on a striker this summer. Moreover, without some high-profile departures, can we even afford to...?

There will inevitably be lots of competition for his signature, and I believe Pep is too smart to become embroiled in a bidding war.

If we surmise that the club are hoping to sign Mbappe, Neymar or Sanchez this summer, I believe most would agree that Sanchez is the most likely of the three to arrive. We would have to break our own record transfer fee (over £55 million) for the other two.

Unfortunately I can't see us signing Mbappe. If reports are to be believed, the world record transfer fee will need to be broken to acquire his services. Unless we opt to sell Aguero, I don't see any point in spending an exorbitant amount on a striker this summer. Moreover, without some high-profile departures, can we even afford to...?

There will inevitably be lots of competition for his signature, and I believe Pep is too smart to become embroiled in a bidding war.

If we surmise that the club are hoping to sign Mbappe, Neymar or Sanchez this summer, I believe most would agree that Sanchez is the most likely of the three to arrive. We would have to break our own record transfer fee (over £55 million) for the other two.

Whether we buy Neymar, Mbappe or anyone else, in terms of can we afford to, the answer is yes. We're about to lose some big salaries (Yaya, Clichy, Zabaleta, Sagna), plus anyone we decide to sell and I suspect their replacements will be on no more and maybe less, especially if someone like Fabinho comes in to fill two positions.

The transfer fee is actually the easy bit. Call it £100m on a 5 year deal, means £20m a season going through the books. We could afford that already, but add the new TV money into the accounts and it wouldn't be an issue. Plus we're getting close to the end of the Nike shirt & Etihad sponsorship deals. I suspect the new ones will be much, much bigger. Things like being the most watched side in America will help, but a superstar like Neymar certainly would. Personally, I'd rather we turned Mbappe (plus Sane, Sterling and maybe a Sancho, Foden or Diaz etc) into those galactico names, but we'll see where the club want to be.

Mbappe could struggle in prem or have had a one of season neymar is proven quality and would be a marketing dream for us
It's all hypothetical, personally can see mbappe going a bit like martial, whereas neymar is of proven pedigree but there will be questions over his commitment, personally I don't think we're either in for nor particularly need either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.