Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stat, should temper some of the over the top hype for Mbappé. If we could have got him for £40m great, any more than that(and it will be much more than that now) and we'd be paying far too much of a premium on the hype alone, he's obviously got something about him but lets stop pretending we have a crystal ball or that anything is guaranteed in this game, otherwise buying young players would not be a risk(all big clubs would have their Messi story) when everyone knows it's hit and miss.

I also think if Jesus was still fit with the way he started his stats would be better than Mbappés at a higher level than Ligue1 right now. Stats are overused by clubs and agents to bump up prices lets not encourage it, Mbappé is a very good player advanced for his age but just because he has better stats than Henry at the same age now it's absolutely NOT a guarantee that his stats will finish up that way. He's flavour of the month right now because he did well in the champions league against us let's remember the same hype overload happened when Rashford left Demichelis for dust, ageing defenders can make anyone with pace look great at times. We didn't do the same with Iheanacho, even when his stats were incredible were we saying best in Europe, definite shoe in for the Ballon d'Or? No because we're not looking to make money off him, we'd want to keep the pressure off even if we thought that to be the case because he'll be staying at our club not sold on at any point if he reaches those heights.
Do you think we tried to sign him last summer based on this seasons stats?

Do you think we tried to sign him last summer based on this seasons stats?
We were willing to take a gamble then of £40m he was already considered a talent, it's not really changed. How much could change in so little time and so few games? We had a small window before the hype got too great where we would be saving a lot of money had they gone for it but they declined, now we'd be paying much more money, saving nothing and so an even bigger financial risk. So let me play your game, so you think because we offered £40m a season ago then surely we have to go twice that now if we were willing to pay that? Is that how it works?

I added another paragraph btw which sums it up, we might as well wait a while(they're not selling this season IMO and they will make the maximum amount when he does go you can be sure of that, we'll be saving nothing rushing in) since the price is so high lets make sure he lives up to the hype and we aren't the only club interested even now so don't get your hopes up too high.

Last edited:
Think he will stay at Monaco for another season.

Good for both the player and the club. Mbappe can continue to prove himself and play more games. He will also want to stay because going to a new club/country is a big risk at such as young age especially with the World Cup coming up next summer. He will be a guaranteed starting there as well. Monaco will also want to keep him as his value will continue to grow and I doubt such a young player will force a move to the club that gave him everything.

Think he will stay and have a another great season next year. Well bring his form into the World Cup where he will continue to score goals and really announce himself on the biggest stage there is. His value will sky rocket and then when the World Cup is over, his favorite team Real Madrid will come in for him with a world record bid of 100m + and that is where he will go.

You read it here first.

Surely it was Mbappe or Jesus last summer ? Can't see this happening even if Aguero does leave as having 3 Strikers the age of 18,19,20 is surely too risky

We were willing to take a gamble then of £40m he was already considered a talent, it's not really changed. How much could change in so little time and so few games? We had a small window before the hype got too great where we would be saving a lot of money had they gone for it but they declined, now we'd be paying much more money, saving nothing and so an even bigger financial risk. So let me play your game, so you think because we offered £40m a season ago then surely we have to go twice that now if we were willing to pay that? Is that how it works?

I added another paragraph btw which sums it up, we might as well wait a while(they're not selling this season IMO and they will make the maximum amount when he does go you can be sure of that, we'll be saving nothing rushing in) since the price is so high lets make sure he's lives up to the hype and we aren't the only club interested even now so don't get your hopes up too high.
Your missing my point
We're always looking for the next big star doesn't matter if we sign this lad or not we will keep looking and trying to sign one and then another and then another......
So that's why my hopes are high

Your missing my point
We're always looking for the next big star doesn't matter if we sign this lad or not we will keep looking and trying to sign one and then another and then another......
So that's why my hopes are high
True but this season should be all about sorting out our ageing defence, some high quality attacking fullbacks will do so much more for our team right now for me. I was thinking about this when we played Spurs, compared to most of the top 6 they all seem to have the modern attacking fullbacks, Zaba and Kolarov are somewhat attack minded but they are ageing now(if Pep got them when they were younger he could have turned them into what we need) Sagna and Clichy are more traditional fullbacks who aren't as comfortable in attack, it's been long overdue. If we strengthen where we need to this summer and he's available next summer and still doing the business and nobody else has stolen the limelight we can start getting serious about it.

Last edited:
True but this season should be all about sorting out our ageing defense, some high quality attacking fullbacks will do so much more for our team right now for me. If we strengthen where we need to this summer and he's available next summer and still doing the business and nobody else has stolen the limelight we can start getting serious about it.

It doesn't have to be ALL about sorting the defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.