Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bit over the top. Barcelona with one of the best players ever did not manage that. So your praise for Mbappe is a tad ridiculous. I personally think if we are hel bent on getting Mbappe, we have to let go of Sanchez and also upgrade the defense.
OK last 4 of the CL then. It would take us up a level. There is no other single player out there that anyone knows about who could have that effect

Pep should track this lad down and tell him he'll be his 1st choice striker or whatever he told Gabby.
Really want him in a city shirt.

Surely if he told Gabby that then he should not be saying it to someone else after half a season!!

He should do all he can and advise as to how he can improve him.

Like it or not Real is always there and he might be better learning away from Real. He is very young and it would be difficult to go back if it does not work first time.

Maybe the Ronaldo route suits best, 6 years in UK and onto Madrid. Just pay your taxes!!

It'd make more sense to sign Sanchez and Mbappe and to sell Aguero than to just sign Mbappe instead of Sanchez.

That's presuming that Sanchez fits Pep's style more, that it'd be roughly the same transfer for each, that Sanchez is fitter, less likely to be sent off and/or a better leader in the dressing room.

But a plan B of Sanchez and Aguero is preeetttty good too :-)

The more I think about the money being talked about for Mbappe, the more I think what an absolute bargain we got with Gabi Jesus.

I think we are. Although I think the odds are slim
We asked about him last year. Every big club is watching him but we aren't "in" for him. It's Alexis and just Alexis. If we fail with Alexis (very confident we won't) we may still look but it won't be a player with the same profile as Alexis or Mbappe. More likely to be a squad replacement to cover out-goings. We asked about Vitolo a short while ago but that's gone really quiet....presumably because things have picked up with Sanchez. I know both players aren't comparable quality wise, but Sanchez is a one off given the opportunity to get him is golden. If he fails, a similarly aged squad player may come in....not a teenager for a world record fee.

I guess We can't have them all. As long as Mbappe doesn't come to our shores if we cannot sign him, I would be content with him going to Real and us getting Sanchez. Aguero-Sanchez-Jesus is already as good as it is.

Mbappe will be a top player but I have faith in Jesus being up there as well.

OK last 4 of the CL then. It would take us up a level. There is no other single player out there that anyone knows about who could have that effect
I think it is a tad naive to think the purchase of one player can do that when there are another ten on the pitch. It all comes down to the team, never an individual. There could be some hidden gem in a lower league who could have a similar impact as any world star - all depends how they affect the team dynamic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.