Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe these bids are on the back of Monaco saying they have had no bids. So Liverpool might think all this £100m talk is nonsense so tabled a £60/70/80m just to see the response.

More likely to be bollocks though.

Wouldn't mind if Arsenal got Mbappe to be honest. Should allow us to get Sanchez in with less hassle first and foremost. In addition, if he carries on progressing and becomes the star he's touted to be, in a few years when he's developed and got bored of Arsenal getting nowhere he'll be attainable. Or at least, more so than if he were anywhere else.

One can make the arguement that we don’t need a player like Mbappe (or for that matter any addtional strikers) just because we have got both Agüero and Jesus as our strikers. However this is an arguement that I reject for various reasons. You see if Man City want to win a Quaduple they are going to have to play at least 63 games to win it, a task which on its own requires 2 world class strikers (Which luckly Man City do have) collectively playing all those games. So if one (or both) of those players is either injured or suspended (which did happen to both our strikers last season) then that task could easily be derailed on its tracks, a potential problem which could easily be prevented if we had another WC Striker within our squad.

Thus it makes perfect sense to purchase another striker alongside Agüero and Jesus and likewise I don’t see how buying Sanchez would reduce this need, especially since the wingers need to have a decent amount of cover (Buying Sanchez would still mean we would only have 3 wingers when we need 4). Likewise even if this is not the case, one has to bear in mind that Agüero is not going to be at the Eithad forever and the sooner we find a (worthy) sucessor to take his place when he finishes his career in Argentina, the less painful the process would be for the club (on the field that is).

Now I am not 100% sure that Mbappe is that player or not (Personally I feel that someone like Harry Kane and/or Paulo Dybala would be a better choice since they are already proven), but from what I have read and from what I have seen we should at least take a chance at him even if that chance would cost the club £130 million or so. Because let me tell you something, I would rather risk money on players that have as much potential as he does rather than on someone like Bony.

One can make the arguement that we don’t need a player like Mbappe (or for that matter any addtional strikers) just because we have got both Agüero and Jesus as our strikers. However this is an arguement that I reject for various reasons. You see if Man City want to win a Quaduple they are going to have to play at least 63 games to win it, a task which on its own requires 2 world class strikers (Which luckly Man City do have) collectively playing all those games. So if one (or both) of those players is either injured or suspended (which did happen to both our strikers last season) then that task could easily be derailed on its tracks, a potential problem which could easily be prevented if we had another WC Striker within our squad.

Thus it makes perfect sense to purchase another striker alongside Agüero and Jesus and likewise I don’t see how buying Sanchez would reduce this need, especially since the wingers need to have a decent amount of cover (Buying Sanchez would still mean we would only have 3 wingers when we need 4). Likewise even if this is not the case, one has to bear in mind that Agüero is not going to be at the Eithad forever and the sooner we find a (worthy) sucessor to take his place when he finishes his career in Argentina, the less painful the process would be for the club (on the field that is).

Now I am not 100% sure that Mbappe is that player or not (Personally I feel that someone like Harry Kane and/or Paulo Dybala would be a better choice since they are already proven), but from what I have read and from what I have seen we should at least take a chance at him even if that chance would cost the club £130 million or so. Because let me tell you something, I would rather risk money on players that have as much potential as he does rather than on someone like Bony.

Well he can move quickly which already takes him ahead of bony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.