Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was quite funny when Perez was being interviewed and he made the point that 12 months ago everyone said Real Madrid must buy Pogba and look what happened there.

If you guys would have a choice based on talent and potential, Jesus or Mbappe? I would choose Jesus personally. For me Jesus seems like the next Ronaldo (CR9) and Mbappe seems like the next Henry. Both will be absolute superstars.

I am not sure that Jesus is close to Ronaldo

I don't know how people work out who has more potential. Is there a calculation? It a little pointless to me.
Think people base some of it on athletic ability. Mbappe is of bigger build, is more explosive and has the ability to burst past his marker and stay ahead of him. Jesus has the acceleration to burst past but then doesn't possess the pace Mbappe possesses.

On the flip side, Jesus possesses the ability to return from the dead, so I'd go with him overall.

What is the logic behind getting a squad player in unless they add something more than what we are planning to offload send out on loan?
Well we are planning on off loading because players are unhappy about not playing (Nolito and Kelechi...although publicly he hasn't complained). We probably need a player to come in and be squad player in the eventuality of him Kun, Sterling, Sane or Jesus getting injured. The work being put in to Sanchez is extensive and depending on if or when we get an answer either way, we could be at the back end of August which leaves little time to try and conclude a deal for a high profile player. It's very difficult to concurrently chase a number of high profile signings. We have managed it in the past but that's because our number one targets were signed quickly. It's different with Sanchez as it will drag or at least appears so.

Mbappe is more like Ronaldo.
Didn't think that I'd ever say that, but it seems like R9 is going to be surpassed as the best youngster of last 30 years, next season is going to be decisive in this respect. Mbappe's first season impresses me more that R9's 94/95, and I'm a big, big fan of Ronaldo. Obviously very different players, Mbappe doesn't have that crazy ball-control and dribbling ability, but I'm struggling to even call it a weakness, as KM knows his limitations and uses all available tools in the best possible way. In terms of overall effectiveness KM slightly edges it for me over 18yo R9.

The most fascinating thing about Mbappe for me is his intelligence. The awareness, speed of thought he possesses complement athleticism so well that it's easy to overlook his unique cognitive abilities. Makes complex things look so easy, reminds me of both Messi and Ronaldo (not Cristina, ofc) in this respect.

The most strange thing about KM is his maturity, he plays like an experienced pro. Wonder how much can he improve, what's the gap between his current ability and possible ceiling? Even the best prospects usually play like kids at 18, always lack compositure and clinicalness, but KM stands out here. May he be an 'early bloomer' that has already reached his highest point? Like Owen, Anelka or Rooney? I'm really struggling to imagine, in what way he can improve significantly (aside of getting stronger and faster, which he probably will), he doesn't have any obvious weaknesses.

As for the comparisons with Henry, I honestly think Mmbop's ability is already at peak Henry level, and he's only going to get better with more experience. The main trait that breeds such comparisons is Mbappe's kick'n'run style of dribbling, but that's it. Judging age by age, KM is far superior to TH. Remember 1998 WC-winning France that were referred to as a 'team without proper attack'? Henry and Trezeguet were 20 yo back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.