Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's true?!

"When the going gets tough you need experience of the situation"

Which situation is that? League title race? The kids have already done it.

KO round of the CL? Kids have already done it.

"The kids aren't consistent" Neither is Aguero! 3 goals in his last 11 league games? First goal against an opposition in the top half of the table was against Liverpool, in March, 29 games gone.

Whats the worst that can happen with these inexperienced kids? They completely lose their heads and blow an open goal in the biggest home game of the season before getting so angry they 2 foot an opposition player and get banned for 4 games and the second time of the season, sparking a mass brawl?

I love Aguero, would be very sad to see him leave, but keeping on because he's consistent and experienced just points to how weak the argument is.
Sergio has been here 6 yrs and you make him sound lesser than he is by saying he only scored a couple against top teams,the other goals don't count then? he is having a hard time this yr that's all
You can't compare an older striker out of form to inexperienced kids,sergio has the experience to know he can get right again,kids do not
So this kid is ok in the french league,you have no idea how he will do here with better defenders to stop him,it's stupid and i just can't get my head around getting him at all let alone blowing 90m

I was proving my point that pep wants him never said anything about gamble that's you twisting again
Clearly I want him? I've only seen him play 2 games 1 live and 1 on TV both against us i wouldn't recognise if he was stood next to me in the south stand
I just have a feeling Aguero going and this lad is his possible replacement
Twisting it... it's called logic you never proved a damn thing all you said was Pep wanted him for £38m I "proved to you" that means nothing when put into context properly with some real thought behind it. I don't think Aguero is leaving unless he wants to go and it would have to be a bloody good offer... why would we accept anything less? In which case we might put in an offer with the money from that but again if they want to keep him another season they can and will.

Martial shows that spending 50m on a kid from the french league is a huge risk and one we don't need to take

What? Martial is one of the best young players in the world. Mbappe has shown at lot more than Martial did at Monaco as well.

Sergio has been here 6 yrs and you make him sound lesser than he is by saying he only scored a couple against top teams,the other goals don't count then? he is having a hard time this yr that's all

Yes, injuries and age have taken its toll. He's been great for us in the past, but unfortunately we're not living in the past.

He's no longer delivering in big games like he used to. He no longer looks like the player he used to. I'd love him to recover his form, but it's been 3 months since he returned from his ban and he's not getting any better.

You can't compare an older striker out of form to inexperienced kids,sergio has the experience to know he can get right again,kids do not

Sergio's been out of form for the best part of a year, he's not got himself right again yet. Meanwhile Sterling has gone through an awful slump and come out of it twice the player.

So this kid is ok in the french league,you have no idea how he will do here with better defenders to stop him,it's stupid and i just can't get my head around getting him at all let alone blowing 90m

Yeah, the French league...and the champions league where he took apart defences like ours..the 4th best defence in England. How will he ever cope against Watford!?

Jesus, Aguero and Auba all fighting for one position would be ridiculous, no way Auba considers coming to city if Aguero is still here. For his price would rather get Belotti or Icardi or even Lewandowski.
Jesus can play on the wings as he was doing at Palmeiras as a wide striker(left?).

Come of it they are both a waste of money based on one good season in the french league

What a ridiculous comment. Martial's first season in England for a 19 year old was superb, take off the blue tinted specs. Majority of United fans would pay that fee over and over again, just like we would with Sane and Sterling.

Twisting it... it's called logic you never proved a damn thing all you said was Pep wanted him for £38m I "proved to you" that means nothing when put into context properly with some real thought behind it. I don't think Aguero is leaving unless he wants to go and it would have to be a bloody good offer... why would we accept anything less? In which case we might put in an offer with the money from that but again if they want to keep him another season they can and will.
Do you want me to tell you why Aguero is going?

What a ridiculous comment. Martial's first season in England for a 19 year old was superb, take off the blue tinted specs. Majority of United fans would pay that fee over and over again, just like we would with Sane and Sterling.
Superb? He's looking a lot better these days but his price tag was questioned a heck of a lot in his first season, he's not looking on Sané's level and I don't believe anyone would be saying that if he weren't playing for the rags. Would you even consider swapping him Sané or Sterling for that matter?

Do you want me to tell you why Aguero is going?
Haha you could have just typed the answer to that rather than make me reply to this. The most factual point you've raised is Pep and those around him will decide not us so even if those of you flapping that we "must sign him this summer" convince everyone to agree with you... which you wont, we don't make the decisions anyway and even if we do put an offer in he might end up at Real Madrid... hopefully not the rags.

I'd have loved for us to already have him in the squad, at £40m that would have been looking like a wise choice indeed but now the price has gone to silly money and we're going around in circles with this, too much of a gamble in my opinion whereas some think it's bizarrely no gamble at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.