Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is on then we need to blow RM out of the water whatever it takes , even if it takes £200mill, and I'll give you my reason. I'm not saying this because I'm trying yo spend someone else's money, it could even be argued that we don't really need him just at the moment.
You only have to look through this thread to see that a lot of our fans seem to have an inferiority complex when it comes to going head to head with RM to sign players. It is so for a reason and it needs to change. That reason is that although we are a rich club, our image and status needs to catch up. In short we need an "Aguerooooo" moment in the transfer market. We need players, fans and clubs alike to sit up and take notice. We need the clubs to fear us, and the players to respect us and take us seriously when we come calling. Not only will this signing propel us to a different level in terms of playing ability but it will announce us as serious players in the hierarchy of European clubs. I know we still have to win the CL but a transfer made against the odds like this one would be priceless.

Don't think us offering more money than Madrid will make any difference...If Mbappe wants Madrid that's where he will go.

There's much sense in the above, and you can add to the mix it being a lot less intimidating for a young lad coming to us, vs going to probably the biggest club in the world with the spotlight that goes with it. Plus, the Premier League still holds a great appeal for many players.

On the downside, Manchester is a fucking dump and the weather is appalling. I'm allowed to say it as it is, since I am a Manc. A bit like blacks being OK to use the N word.

Plenty of multi million pound mansions in north cheshire...they don't need to live in Manchester

If this is on then we need to blow RM out of the water whatever it takes , even if it takes £200mill, and I'll give you my reason. I'm not saying this because I'm trying yo spend someone else's money, it could even be argued that we don't really need him just at the moment.
You only have to look through this thread to see that a lot of our fans seem to have an inferiority complex when it comes to going head to head with RM to sign players. It is so for a reason and it needs to change. That reason is that although we are a rich club, our image and status needs to catch up. In short we need an "Aguerooooo" moment in the transfer market. We need players, fans and clubs alike to sit up and take notice. We need the clubs to fear us, and the players to respect us and take us seriously when we come calling. Not only will this signing propel us to a different level in terms of playing ability but it will announce us as serious players in the hierarchy of European clubs. I know we still have to win the CL but a transfer made against the odds like this one would be priceless.
I don't think we need to get into a willy waving contest with Madrid to demonstrate anything in the transfer market.
We have demonstrated plenty down the years. Robinho, Tevez, Aguero Debruyne even Jesus, Nasri etc.
Although I'd love the player I'm struggling to see where he would fit in next season if we get Sanchez.
Personally I'd rather go all out for a 'name' next season and get a team /squad this one.

If this was a 10 mill transfer he'd still want Madrid.

Plenty of multi million pound mansions in north cheshire...they don't need to live in Manchester

No they don't but I guess some players enjoy playing in sunshine and warmth, something sadly we can not guarantee on a daily basis in this country and worse the further north we are.

Thank god you are not in charge

No they don't but I guess some players enjoy playing in sunshine and warmth, something sadly we can not guarantee on a daily basis in this country and worse the further north we are.

Of course it's an advantage..I doubt it's at the top of most players or managers list of priorities...they can travel to a sunny country when they have some free time

They didn't. They borrowed money for their stadium work from the finance market, which just happened to come from the same fund that owns us. And borrowing money long term for large scale projects is very different from the operating expenses of running a club, including buying players for a net spend of about £60m.

So you agree they need money.

When asked if Aguero would be here next season.

"Absolutely"

"there has never been any doubt about that"

“Sergio Aguero is one of the best players in the world and we are a team that aspires to win in every competition we compete in.

“Having Sergio Aguero as part of the squad is an absolute must and it has never been in doubt.”

Do you recall what he said about Rodwell? Why anyone believe a word anyone at the club says is beyond me. This is business. You lie in business to get what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.