La Liga (AKA Real Madrid) v PSG over potential Neymar transfer.

M M

mat

Reports La Liga want to block any potential move for Neymar citeing 'Illegal state sponsorship of a club'

Firstly: How many years have Spainish governments been propping up RM- Pot, kettle, black anyone?

Secondly - I think this proposed transfer is more political. Both in sport and international affairs. I could see the qatari state quiet happily taking la Liga/UEFA/FIFA to court if any try to block a potential transfer and could easily break them all.

Also....

Will La Liga take the same stance if RM buy Mmbape for a huge sum...?

The whole saga reeks of hypocrisy.

Couldn't agree more, mat. I see the Spanish are threatening to go as far as the courts in both countries, if UEFA don't give them satisfaction. Will they then be barred from European Comps? Course not. City might have something to say about that.

The accusation that PSG are breaking European competition rules is laughable. FFP breaks those rules but nobody dare challenge in court.
This will run and run.

Last edited:
How can La Liga block a sale from 1 club to another? I do wonder if Premiership clubs and PSG will improve in the Champions League this year and some clubs are mightily worried about this.

Time to let PSG bring down the house

Whilst i'm not sure what is going on - i think it is good news for those that are trying to break the old order and its good someone elese will take the flack.

Happy to just watch this kick off.

My issues are - why are La Liga getting involved to defend a single club - are they fussed when a smaller club gets pilleged? Why defend Barca? How can anyone claim that FFP has failed, we need to see the accounts first - asking for an investigation is undermining the process. Why not just wait for the accounts and then press to have them kicked out of the CL?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.