La Liga (AKA Real Madrid) v PSG over potential Neymar transfer.

La Liga throwing their toys out of the Pram re "State support" staggering hypocrisy from the President of the league, who by the way is a Real supporter!
He knows full well the support his club has had from successive Spanish governments.

He is also a lawyer, so he will know that there is no way that they can make this stick, at best they can slow the process down.
He cannot guess or presume that PSG will break FFP guidelines and therefore refuse to sanction the deal.
The figures are of course unprecedented, however they do not necessarily make the deal in anyway illegal.
I am sure that after having their fingers burnt once with FFP, albeit by UEFA moving the goalposts, that PSGs board will have taken any and all legal advice prior to making this move.
If this ends up in court La Liga will find themselves cut off at the knees, along with UEFA, if they are stupid enough to get involved.
I have never warmed to PSG as a club, on this issue however more power to their elbow, Real and Barca have bullied the top European clubs for decades with their illicitly gained financial power, Spanish TV rights deal anyone?

This will hopefully be the start of the cosy UEFA cartel, being well and truly burnt down.

La Liga throwing their toys out of the Pram re "State support" staggering hypocrisy from the President of the league, who by the way is a Real supporter!
He knows full well the support his club has had from successive Spanish governments.

He is also a lawyer, so he will know that there is no way that they can make this stick, at best they can slow the process down.
He cannot guess or presume that PSG will break FFP guidelines and therefore refuse to sanction the deal.
The figures are of course unprecedented, however they do not necessarily make the deal in anyway illegal.
I am sure that after having their fingers burnt once with FFP, albeit by UEFA moving the goalposts, that PSGs board will have taken any and all legal advice prior to making this move.
If this ends up in court La Liga will find themselves cut off at the knees, along with UEFA, if they are stupid enough to get involved.
I have never warmed to PSG as a club, on this issue however more power to their elbow, Real and Barca have bullied the top European clubs for decades with their illicitly gained financial power, Spanish TV rights deal anyone?

This will hopefully be the start of the cosy UEFA cartel, being well and truly burnt down.

If anything La Liga are applying pressure on UEFA to ensure that FFP has some teeth. We all suspect it has none but this should confirm it one way or another.

If anything La Liga are applying pressure on UEFA to ensure that FFP has some teeth. We all suspect it has none but this should confirm it one way or another.
Agreed, i can't see anyway UEFA can get involved at this stage, given that it would involve them effectively assuming that PSG would fail FFP regulations.

Agreed, i can't see anyway UEFA can get involved at this stage, given that it would involve them effectively assuming that PSG would fail FFP regulations.

They can do nothing now and the La Liga suits know it. What they can do though is build pressure - lots of pressure on UEFA to ensure that when the FFP assesment comes around they will have to hit them hard. However this will be following the release accounts - a long time off.

I hope it shows UEFA and the old boys cartel up for what it is too.

RM are shit scared the money will ruin their mini dominance of Europe.

It's ironic how much the "big" clubs complain when teams buy their players. Same goes for their fans.

It's what they do to other clubs. Pay huge sums in transfer fees and wages.

Neymar is a phenomenonal player and of all of Barcelona's players is probably the most important given his age.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.