Labour manifesto unveiled

B B

blueinsa

Watching it now on Sky and i have to say as a lifelong labour voter who felt going into this election I couldn't vote for a party led by Corbyn, he has actually given me food for thought this morning and has handled himself very well.

He isnt the polished performer that has become the modern day politician granted and it certainly isnt about a cult of personality with him but he is the first to admit that.

He's preaching to the converted, when he mentioned free tuition fees the place erupted. Now Tim Farron is on burying Corbyn on his stance on Brexit. Farron wants to stay in the EU and Corbyn doesn't know what he really wants to do. BTW I would vote for Labour if they were a nailed on for leaving the EU without bowing to them, and they got rid of Abbott she can't be a serious politician can she?

BTW I would vote for Labour if they were a nailed on for leaving the EU without bowing to them, and they got rid of Abbott she can't be a serious politician can she?

A position i'm very sympathetic to mate.

Its all moot because he wont take labour to victory but he was impressive this morning and for that he deserves some credit because we are all quick enough to slaughter him when he isnt.

I quite like Corbyn, he gives me the impression that he genuinely wants the best for the people.

Not as polished as people would like but i have more faith in him than May.

A position i'm very sympathetic to mate.

Its all moot because he wont take labour to victory but he was impressive this morning and for that he deserves some credit because we are all quick enough to slaughter him when he isnt.

The real puzzler for me is that he's guaranteeing access to the single market yet admits that the free movement of people will have to stop because we are leaving the EU. Access to the single market hinges on the EU giving the UK some leeway surely? he can't guarantee it if the EU demand free movement is part of that deal.
As for his other pledges I can't see anything wrong with them if they are realistically funded.

The real puzzler for me is that he's guaranteeing access to the single market yet admits that the free movement of people will have to stop because we are leaving the EU. Access to the single market hinges on the EU giving the UK some leeway surely? he can't guarantee it if the EU demand free movement is part of that deal.
As for his other pledges I can't see anything wrong with them if they are realistically funded.

His stance on the EU is undeliverable its that simple and for me, labour would renege on what the majority of the population voted for and cant be trusted to deliver brexit.

They kept banging on about a fully costed manifesto, and guess what, it's not fully costed. Already had a shadow cabinet member on The Daily Politics bumbling on and failing to answer the question. The economy is one big thing that people don't trust Labour with yet they continually remind people why they can't be trusted.

They kept banging on about a fully costed manifesto, and guess what, it's not fully costed. Already had a shadow cabinet member on The Daily Politics bumbling on and failing to answer the question. The economy is one big thing that people don't trust Labour with yet they continually remind people why they can't be trusted.

He fell down specifically on the question of how they would fund the re-nationalisation of the water utilities. He tried initially to suggest it would be funded by the corporation tax increases, then claimed that it wasnt his territory and that McDonnell will provide the answer. But he did say that he attended the "Clause 5" meeting which signed off the manifesto. Doesn't that mean that the Clause 5 meeting signed off the commitment to re-nationalise the water utilities without discussing how it would be funded?

Tax more, & borrow more.

Then spend more.

Although the extra tax & borrowing still wouldn't raise enough revenue to pay for everything promised.

No mention at all of how much re-nationalising the rail industry, water supply and Royal Mail would cost.

He fell down specifically on the question of how they would fund the re-nationalisation of the water utilities. He tried initially to suggest it would be funded by the corporation tax increases, then claimed that it wasnt his territory and that McDonnell will provide the answer. But he did say that he attended the "Clause 5" meeting which signed off the manifesto. Doesn't that mean that the Clause 5 meeting signed off the commitment to re-nationalise the water utilities without discussing how it would be funded?

That's probably exactly what happened, but hey free bank holidays for everyone!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.