Labour manifesto unveiled

I think the point is that these companies make money too, capital cost can be paid back via what is currently private profit.

Profits generated by consumers, I'm assuming Labour want to make things cheaper for consumers so surely that eventually means there will be no profit assuming they want to both run the industry and invest in it at the same time?

Why nationalise the industry when you can just introduce legislation for pricing caps instead which achieves cheaper tariffs for customers and costs nothing.

Is that an admission that they 'll lose the election?
If this pie in the sky goodybag is so desirable, one would have thought that the Conservatives should be wiped out.
Err yes, I don't think anyone expects anything other than a Tory victory. If you want to call that an admission on my part then well done to you, I hope I've made your day.
As for your second paragraph you obviously didn't read my original post.
It's pretty much accepted that if you're going to change public perception on previously long held views you have to make your case a few years in advance and continue to repeat the case, not leave it until the election manifesto. You also have to be seen as a credible government in waiting. Labour are not.
So unless the left in this country can come together and form a credible and effective opposition, what we are left with is a Tory party who will simply continue to manage the economic decline of the U.K.

Great manifesto and for once the Labour PR machine got the soundbites right.
"Radical and responsible, fully costed, for the many not the few".
And I like the one about it being a radical vision for a better Britain rather than the continuing "management of economic decline"by the Tories.
It's a pity it's too late and no one's listening.To get these messages across you have to get them into the public consciousness over at least a two year period and you have to present yourself as a credible government in waiting which unfortunately Labour has failed to do.
However the manifesto does form a blueprint for a future center left opposition to pick up on. If not then you can bet your life that many of these policies will be pinched by the Tories at some future date.

Nah, PR machine still staffed by monkeys.

"Radical" should be nowhere near this. Radical says Communist, Che Guervera, Islamic terrorism and California surfers - nothing that inspires confidence in the governability. Students are radical, adults are sensible.

They should have used the word either "transformative change" which is a popular buzz word at the moment and appeals to Mondeo Man or "foundational change" which sounds like something a primary school or hospital might do.

People dont like radical. They like stable. Even the angry ones.

Looks sexy to me
You know the rules.
293692_1.jpg

Back in 5.......

"Radical" should be nowhere near this. Radical says Communist, Che Guervera, Islamic terrorism and California surfers - nothing that inspires confidence in the governability. Students are radical, adults are sensible.

They should have used the word either "transformative change" which is a popular buzz word at the moment and appeals to Mondeo Man or "foundational change" which sounds like something a primary school or hospital might do.

Spot on.
I would have gone with "fundamental realignment" as it hint's towards post brexit thinking.

A no vote is a vote for Tory.

If enough people abstain then May is gonna waltz back in and then Manchester is at the mercy of Westminster

That aside, what did you think of the launch this morning and in particular, Corbyn's performance?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.