Lack of English players in the PL

Can't be a lack of them, there aren't many English players abroad so they must be stuck in England, problem is most of them are average at best.

ForzaMancini said:
Can't be a lack of them, there aren't many English players abroad so they must be stuck in England, problem is most of them are average at best.
You´re right

if anyhting I think the number of english players is growing in every team there is atleast 4/5 english players now. Only in our team, chelseas and arsenals are there barely any

The young English talent is there throughout the academy system...the problem we have is that there is a shortage of football available at the highest level after U18s....the sooner the U21s league is put in place the better...it will mean high end competition for players who maybe are just not ready for the 1st team but could be by the time there in there early 20s...managers need to take a chance on some players and are more likely to if a lad has played high quality U21s football rather than U18s football which is basically still kids stuff

Also the clubs in lower leagues need to play a part and start giving lads who are released by premier league clubs opportunities to play 1st team football but this once again comes down to a manager being able to trust a youngster and this is more likely again with a U21 player who has played at a decent level for a couple of years

I also would like to see at least 4 home grown players in a matchday squad for all premier league and championship sides

Until coaches in this country realise that technical ability is more important than the ability to run all day then the numbers of top quality British players will continue to decrease.
How many times have we heard about a player being released because they were too small etc etc, Being small didnt stop Maradona, Merlin aint 6'4
What is important is that they can control a ball, see and play a pass, not be able to run through a brick wall or be able to complete in the marathon without stopping.

bluebannana said:
if anyhting I think the number of english players is growing in every team there is atleast 4/5 english players now. Only in our team, chelseas and arsenals are there barely any
Off the top of my head:
Hart
Barry
Lescott
Richards
Johnson<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:46 pm --<br /><br />
bluebannana said:
Off the top of my head:
Hart
Barry
Lescott
Richards
Johnson

bluemike said:
bluebannana said:
Off the top of my head:
Hart
Barry
Lescott
Richards
Johnson

-- Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:46 pm --

bluebannana said:
Off the top of my head:
Hart
Barry
Lescott
Richards
Johnson

you named five players in a squad of 25, thats not really that many at all. It is good that they are in the team like I said, but squadwise we dont have many. maybe I shouldnt have included city in that ;)

nehe11 said:
Does it bother you? Would like to hear your thoughts....
I'm more bothered about a lack of Mancunians in the Premier League. It's actually pitiful how few there are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.