Lack of games pre season

Mad Eyed Screamer

Mods (I know I am one of them lol) move if repeated elsewhere.

Anyone else concerned about lack of games this pre season? To date the rags have played 4 games and we have played 1. Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and others are 2 / 3 games ahead of us. We played the rags Thursday and today we should have squeezed in a game against an MLS team.
I couldn't care less about the results, it's match fitness / preparation that is needed.

By the time the season starts we'll have played four against good opposition. That's plenty enough for me.

Anyone else concerned about lack of games this pre season? To date the rags have played 4 games and we have played 1. Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and others are 2 / 3 games ahead of us. We played the rags Thursday and today we should have squeezed in a game against an MLS team.
I couldn't care less about the results, it's match fitness / preparation that is needed.

How many intra-squad games do you think they will play? I expect there will be more than a couple. Given the quality, and the ability to stop and teach during them, I would imagine that is as valuable as some of the pre-season games we will play. This week off in the States will be all about conditioning and tactics, with some 30-40 minute games to get time in the legs.

Color me naive, but I have a feeling Pep and Co have a decent idea of what they need, and if that is a friendly at Gigg Lane on a Tuesday night in early August, I would imagine he would get his wish!

Not worried, so long as they're training, and learning their roles for the new season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.