Lack of good defenders

Bombo

I think there is a lack of good defenders world wide. So if hughes goes for some premier league proven players like lescott, upson or cahill then fair play to him. Would personally like carvalho if possible think he was the brains behind chelsea's mean defence over the last few years. People have mentioned bruno alves, chiellini, Lusaio and mexes but I think they would all struggle with the premier league. Maybe chiellini would cope but alves and mexes would be terrible signings. Remember boumsong at newcastle an international defender found out in the premier league. So if we sign lescott and upson they may not set any pulses racing but hopefully they will do a good solid job for us.

I agree

There is a lack of outstanding defenders and we should be buying players such as lescott, and if theres not many good defenders the clubs who own them will not sell them. :)

Bruno Alves would be perfect for the prem. Not sure about Luisao as I haven't seen him play. Just because Boumsong was a flop doesn't mean all international defenders will be.

Oh by the way, you'd like Carvalho would you? let me see here, oh that's right Carvalho signed for Chelsea from Porto.
Oh wow, by the looks of it, Bruno Alves plays for Porto, funny that aye?

Maybe change the name of the thread to lack of knowledge

nicolai said:
Bruno Alves would be perfect for the prem. Not sure about Luisao as I haven't seen him play. Just because Boumsong was a flop doesn't mean all international defenders will be.

Oh by the way, you'd like Carvalho would you? let me see here, oh that's right Carvalho signed for Chelsea from Porto.

On the same premise, we signed vasell from villa, what does that say about barry? ;-)

Agree with the OP definite lack of class defenders out there

carvalho has a couple more seasons at the top ,he is available and we need a footballing dm .Pity he played for porto {wtf}

nicolai said:

Maybe change the name of the thread to lack of knowledge

Don't rate alves seen him 4 times think he's poor as is mexes. Chiellini might be ok but not seen enough of lusaio to pass judgement on him really. I wouldn't call that a lack of knowledge just an opinion.

im simply stating international defenders can cut it ie Carvalho signing for chelsea from porto in 04? i think it was 04 anyway. and you're expressing your desire for him which obviously means he did cut it and is now valued lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.