Lack of pace

Armaan

This for me needs addressing this summer. In our starting 11 there's way too many players that are one paced and don't have much pace about them. Take our front six today once Yaya went off, Silva (he's amazing) Nasri, Dzeko and Garcia are all slow and pace is a huge thing in modern day football. Look at Barca with Sanchez Pedro Neymar. Madrid with Bale Ronaldo Di Maria. Bayern with Robben and Ribery on either side, pace frightens the hell out of an opposition and our only option is a pretty lame Navas. All top teams now require an abundance of pace but were severely lacking.

Armaan said:
This for me needs addressing this summer. In our starting 11 there's way too many players that are one paced and don't have much pace about them. Take our front six today once Yaya went off, Silva (he's amazing) Nasri, Dzeko and Garcia are all slow and pace is a huge thing in modern day football. Look at Barca with Sanchez Pedro Neymar. Madrid with Bale Ronaldo Di Maria. Bayern with Robben and Ribery on either side, pace frightens the hell out of an opposition and our only option is a pretty lame Navas. All top teams now require an abundance of pace but were severely lacking.
Ribery is not quick

We have Navas and Aguero

Marvin said:
Armaan said:
Ribery is not quick

We have Navas and Aguero
Ribery is not quick? What are you on?

Marvin said:
Armaan said:
Ribery is not quick

We have Navas and Aguero

Navas couldn't even beat Flanagan !

El Mago said:
Marvin said:
Armaan said:
Ribery is not quick

We have Navas and Aguero

Helen??

Armaan said:
Marvin said:
Armaan said:
Ribery is not quick

We have Navas and Aguero
He isn't. Jones handled him quite comfortably

Ribery keeps the ball close to his feet and is technically as good as there is, but I don't think he's quicker than Milner. If he is, not by much

You don't see Ribery beating people with his speed. He does it by one twos, close control and clever movement. There are much much quicker wide players than him.<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:20 pm --<br /><br />
El Mago said:
Marvin said:
Armaan said:
Ribery is not quick

We have Navas and Aguero

He doesn't take on his full back in the David White manner

El Mago said:
Marvin said:
Armaan said:
Ribery is not quick

We have Navas and Aguero

Milner showed it's not just about pace. The desire to fucking run without the ball with intelligence is an absolute necessity.

Let's just buy 11 Aaron Lennons, and have 11 headless chickens running around.

Marvin said:
Armaan said:
Marvin said:
Ribery is not quick

We have Navas and Aguero
He isn't. Jones handled him quite comfortably

Ribery keeps the ball close to his feet and is technically as good as there is, but I don't think he's quicker than Milner. If he is, not by much

You don't see Ribery beating people with his speed. He does it by one twos, close control and clever movement. There are much much quicker wide players than him.

-- Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:20 pm --

El Mago said:
Marvin said:
Ribery is not quick

We have Navas and Aguero

He doesn't take on his full back in the David White manner
Well I disagree, he has very good close control but to me he is fast as well. Navas is poor and Aguero can't string more than 4-5 games together without getting injured so it is a pretty viable concern.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.