Lack of striking options

Any possibility of bringing in another striker maybe on loan before tuesday after bonys injury.

Any possibility of bringing in another striker maybe on loan before tuesday after bonys injury.

From the comments in other threads it seems that we could move Sterling, Nasri or even De Bruyne (when/if signed) to fill this role if needed.....I'm not sure we expected Kelechi to have a big role this season, so another striker is also an option but think De Bruyne will be the last signing...

With the way we have been playing, with players outwide much higher up the pitch, I think the burden on our striker is a lot lower than it was last season. False 9's like SIlva and Nasri or even Pozo would fit a lot better into the system than they would last year, now we have Sterling willing to run beyond them. I don't think there is much to worry about

I haven't seen anyone say Nacho is going on loan. In fact I'd be amazed if he did.

My mistake, I mis-read the quote in an article.

"Lopes was announced two weeks ago as one of three academy graduates to have been promoted to the first team squad, along with Kelechi Iheanacho and Jason Denayer – who is expected to leave on loan in the next few days."

I read that as, "...Kelechi Iheanacho and Jason Denayer – who are expected to leave on loan...". Obviously they were just referring to Denayer!

Still a shame we aren't going to give him a chance - I expect he'll be loaned out to a Prem Club, and will replace Demichelis end of next season!

There's a lad over a Dipperpool who can play as an emergency striker.

Should be cheap but he is a boring **** though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.