Laptop buying advice needed.

Manchester1894

Have a Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop thats falling apart. Keyboard has a key missing so using a usb keyboard, CD laser has gone so cannot transfer CD's to walkman, takes ages to boot ("C: volume is dirty" appears.), power lead is dodgy at the back. Screen also occasionally goes blank(closing laptop for 20 seconds and opening resolves this)

I need a new one.

Spec at the moment is: 15.4" Intel Pentium M 1.80GHz XP Home Ed. 512 RAM. 60G Hard Drive. That cost me £550 in May '06

Dont have a budget but was thinking £600ish. Or more if I can find 0% finance for 12/24months.

Cheers guys/gals

Laptops are actually coming down in price quite a bit recently, you should be able to get a decent spec one if you look around a bit. Have a look on ebuyer or something, they're usually quite cheap.

Nope, but i've heard people recommend it, there's a forum on the site aswell if you want to ask people who know a bit more than i do.

dont go after the highest spec ,for ram gig processer etc
instead go after the best built one you can find,after all they wear out
buttons etc mine cracked across the case where i kept pickin it up !
so get the strongest one you can find

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.