laptop wireless connecting problems

KpxSte said:
stonie said:
auction294 said:
Bit more info please.

just made my lad bring his laptop down stairs so we could go through the instructions and as he came down stairs having just turned the thing on it connected to the router without doing anything to as for the internet security i installed Avast and malwarebytes Anti malware.Its done my head in for days as i have re-inputed the network keys and run diognostic checks.You watch the dam thing wont connect tomorrow but we will see.

The network is working fine and the laptop connects intermittantly, possibly a faulty wifi card. Trip to repair shop me thinks.

found this on a forum and i havent got a clue waht it means as im wondering if you cant connect then how do you down load,so any ideas anyone what this means cheers

yep I got a advent 4211 this week to replace my old ibm.

its great, but the wireless is terrible. just keeps dropping off every few mins. it makes it unusable.

If you search online there are hundreds of people with the same problem, so I am amazed this is being taken more seriously.

I tried flashing the bios to 1.09, still had the same problem.

I tried update the drivers via the manufacturers website, still had the same problem.

But I managed to fix mine today and has worked faultlessly all day long, has not dropped off wifi since I done this.

Run windows update, select CUSTOM, then install both the ms realtec drivers windows offers, reboot and it fixes it. Don't know why these drivers fix it and the manufacturers don't, but worked for me.

Make sure do custom and not express ms update as it wont suggest them as they optionals.

I was also getting terrible packet loss on pings with the supplied drivers, over 1000ms to yahoo no matter when I did it and internal ones were bad. now they only 100ms max so shows the supplied drivers and messed up.

Stonie,

From what you found the forum it looks like updated drivers will do the trick.

If you've got a router with ethernet ports connect the netbook to it by the cable (if you haven't got an ethernet cable they are about £2 for a 2m). Don't got to maplin or PC World as they charge a fortune for cables.

Then do start > Programs > Windows Updates

When the page loads you will get two options, choose custom > next page look at the left column and select hardware updates . If the wireless driver is an option add that to the updates then click review and install updates.

If the forum post is correct that will solve your prob.

auction294 said:
Stonie,

If you've got a router with ethernet ports connect the netbook to it by the cable (if you haven't got an ethernet cable they are about £2 for a 2m). Don't got to maplin or PC World as they charge a fortune for cables.

When the page loads you will get two options, choose custom > next page look at the left column and select hardware updates . If the wireless driver is an option add that to the updates then click review and install updates.

i shall do this..cheers

auction294 said:
Stonie,

yipee its working....................holds his breath and waits.........yes no shouts from upstairs complainig its not on,hope it stays cheers anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.