Last Film You Saw

Arrival. excellent, beautifully shot, beautiful score and top notch story. What a refreshing change to not have an alien annihilate a world capital.

Denial. Again excellent. Story of the libel trial brought by Holocaust denier David Irving.

Arrival last night, has to be one of the worst films I've ever seen, utter dross. 0/10

How the fuck this got nominated for Oscars etc I will never know.

Watched both Hacksaw Ridge and Denial this week and really enjoyed both.

Patriot's Day
Good story but the last ten minutes flag waving "love will conquer all" guff ruined it.
Love didn't stop Jihadi John, a hellfire missile did.

La La Land - Gosling is no Fred Astaire in this sub Baz Luhrmann pile of cack.

I just watched La La Land too. I thought it was a decent film, but I don't get the over the top obsession for it from the awards shows. I think it's largely based on nostalgia for old Hollywood, rather than the merits of the film itself.

Having said that, Ryan Gosling has got an amazing eye for a good film. Given how many films he's in, the proportion that are good is impressive.

Mad families.... Once you get past the half hour mark very funny, Charlie sheen surprising cast as an alcoholic, (sounds like the start of a joke) a Mexican family, a black family and a white family all book the same pitch on a campsite, if your offended by race jokes give it a miss. 7/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.