Last Film You Saw

Your Name

Excellent animated film written and directed by Makoto Shinkai! The concept seems dull and predictable, but somehow managed to turn a body swapping film into a masterpiece.
The film is well constructed and has it all, there were times I was at the edge of my seat hoping that the worse wouldn't happen, and to throw that into a 1hr a 40 minutes was very well done! I wish it had gone on longer but as @Bigga mentioned previously, it seems it ran out of funding nearer to the end which is a dying shame!

I've not seen much of Makoto Shinkai's work so it's kind of drawn me to educate myself on his work and find myself currently about to watch '5 Centimetres per second'.

Ponyo

which was written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki, like 'your name' a film by Toho Studios (and produced by Studio Ghibli). The film was weird as fuck and I found out Disney decided to get in on it and did an English release, it's about a kid who falls in love with a magical fish that turns into a human! Didn't really draw me in to be honest and seemed a bit too Disney for my liking, but the art work is incredible!

Guardians, a Russian superhero film, absolute gash but the subtitles they used are funny, have no idea who translated it but I hope they don't translate between Putin and Trump or we will have world war three. 2/10

Got 'Sand Castle' on atm, netflix original film. I like their gritty style, and thus far they are making what 99% of other directors would have dripping in americana into a good intriguing watch.

This gets the TCIB stamp of approval...after 15mins.

Boyka: Undisputed(2016)

Ridiculously cheesy-half arsed storyline, probably a film the russian football firms will have wet dreams over.... but the action/fight scenes are pretty damn good in fairness and the old Van Damme films used to get away with the same and I loved a few of his so it's an 8/10 for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.