Last Film You Saw

Yes mate, regrettably it is more than just a wee bit keek. I'm certain that there's a story in it somewhere but damned if I can find it. Maybe our expectations were too high?

Also love Alien - in fact I didn't sleep for about a week after watching it for the first time all those years ago!

Alien is one of my personal faves (much, much better than Aliens and the dross that followed it, and anyway it was the original wasn't it, with the original idea and the original HR Geiger artwork and all that. Really great film.)

Blade Runner is another classic, again Ridley Scott at his best.

Try "In The Deep"(47 Meters Down) which came out the same year, not as high budget but I thought it was the better of the two, better atmosphere to it.

I watched a while back....I agree, it was very good, really claustrophobic and another welcome addition to the shark genre!

Yes mate, regrettably it is more than just a wee bit keek. I'm certain that there's a story in it somewhere but damned if I can find it. Maybe our expectations were too high?

Also love Alien - in fact I didn't sleep for about a week after watching it for the first time all those years ago!
I thought it was ok and I watched a fan edit recently that seemed to flow much better(less of the subplots that added nothing) and had some deleted scenes in(Giftbearer and A9 seem to be the most highly thought of versions). I got the story personally, but I'm not sure if I did the first time around or not so it might not make a difference to you,
simply put those two scientists were convinced they were going to find our creators(or gods if you like), the place where they end up is just an outpost with a massive ship on it that has seemingly been abandoned yet later find out something went wrong and it wiped out all but one of them. The black substance is some kind of biological weapon probably aimed at wiping us out because we've either advanced too far or maybe gone too far and created intelligent life ourselves(acting as gods) in the form of androids, like David who seems to enrage the last survivor for no reason when he meets him.
I think some fans did get it but just weren't happy with that story as an explanation for the origins of the Alien universe, I don't think it was that bad personally but I wouldn't call myself fanatical about much when it comes to films I just enjoy them, they are great films though(the first 2, I even liked the 3rd).

Last edited:
I thought it was ok and I watched a fan edit recently that seemed to flow much better(less of the subplots that added nothing) and had some deleted scenes in(Giftbearer and A1 seem to be the most highly thought of versions). I got the story personally, but I'm not sure if I did the first time around or not so it might not make a difference to you,
simply put those two scientists were convinced they were going to find our creators(or gods if you like), the place where they end up is just an outpost with a massive ship on it that has seemingly been abandoned yet later find out something went wrong and it wiped out all but one of them. The black substance is some kind of biological weapon probably aimed at wiping us out because we've either advanced too far or maybe gone too far and created intelligent life ourselves(acting as gods) in the form of androids, like David who seems to enrage the last survivor for no reason when he meets him.
I think some fans did get it but just weren't happy with that story as an explanation for the origins of the Alien universe, I don't think it was that bad personally but I wouldn't call myself fanatical about much when it comes to films I just enjoy them, they are great films though.

Cheers mate. Think I'll stick to Bullitt, The Italian Job or The Great Escape as they're much more straightforward :)

Cheers mate. Think I'll stick to Bullitt, The Italian Job or The Great Escape as they're much more straightforward :)
I take it that's sarcasm mate haha, are those plots really that complicated though?(I guess they are in some respects but not enough to confuse anyone surely?) Meh personally I like the horror genre and don't really try and compare them to others in that way, the alien films are more about action and emotion for me than twists and turns in the story telling. Promethius could have been better but there is a story there at the core and not a terrible one for me, quite thought provoking in some ways on the discovery side of it, with some good action scenes dotted around(from what I hear he wasn't happy with some of the decisions made that were out of his control in the editing).

Last edited:
I take it that's sarcasm mate haha, are those plots really that complicated though?(I guess they are in some respects but not enough to confuse anyone surely?) Meh personally I like the horror genre and don't really try and compare them to others in that way, the alien films are more about action and emotion for me than twists and turns in the story telling. Promethius could have been better but there is a story there at the core and not a terrible one for me, quite thought provoking in some ways on the discovery side of it, with some good action scenes dotted around(from what I hear he wasn't happy with some of the decisions made that were out of his control in the editing).

Yes mate, there was a fair degree of sarcasm in my last post :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.