Last Film You Saw

Alien Covenant. Ennngh. For a hollywood blockbuster it looked like it was done on the cheap. So cheap the colonists couldn't afford masks, but maybe that's just as well because there wouldn't be a film if they had them. Actually, there would have been a film, and it would have been better. Let them find David before the aliens... and then.... Much better film. But it would still only have one remotely interesting character. The rest were picked from a bunch of dull b-movies. More than anything it reminded me of Predators, but I preferred that one, it knew what it was and did it right.

Big fan of Marvel so pretty excited to sit down last night and tuck into the magical world of Doctor Strange.
Egocentric cocky yet brilliant neuro surgeon ends up in a car accident and gets his work tools proper messed up.
Too damaged to mend so off he pops for some trancendental nonsense in nepal in search of a cure.

Benedict cumberbatch plays the cock- doc who arrived at kammatarge to learn the mystic arts vortexes and star gates and world of of astral projections and the secretive world of mirrow fighting which I nicked Refraction Fu or R.F for short eh.
Some of the excellently rendered CGI and fight scenes reminded me muchof the Matrix.
On his travels he is untited with his protective cloak which assists him in his fight against the evil ones.
Gorgeous incredulous cinematics which went on to win many nominations in the world of cineama
Dry humour abounds and the script is ultra sharp keeping the plot ticking along very nicely.
Yes I really did like this film and I personally score it a very sound 8.5/10.

Here is his make up or M.O (modis operindi) for folk who have not yet heard of his wonderous deeds.

Doctor Strange
Real Name Stephen Vincent Strange
Height 6'2
Weight 180 lbs
Powers Doctor Strange is one of the most powerful sorcerers in existence.
Like most sorcerers he draws his power from three primary sources: the invocation of powerful mystic entities or object
The manipulation of the universes ambient magical energy, and his own resources.
Stranges magical repertoire includes energy projection and manipulation with matter transformation,
Animation of inanimate objects teleportation illusion-casting mesmerism thought projection astral projection.
The full range of his abilities is unknown. Doctor Stranges powers are sometimes less effective against strictly science-based opponents, although he can overcome this limitation with effort.

Abilities Doctor Strange is a skilled athlete and martial artist with substantial medical and magical knowledge.
Though an expert surgeon, Strange's nerve-damaged hands prevent him from performing surgery except when supplemented by magic.

Open your minds cellarites.
Change your perception of reality.

No offence, but that was a decent c&p job, but doing that tends to incorporate flaws that were obvious in the film.

So, in the film Strange performs no martial arts of any note nor does he demonstrate any fete of athleticism to back up your post.

It does make him less interesting as does the fact he's just not got enough of a developed back story to draw you in. Which is why, in the comics, 95% of anything that made him a great character existed within the world of sorcery.

I feel Cumberbatch as he's opted to play a lame duck in the Marvel Universe.

Shame that.

No offence, but that was a decent c&p job, but doing that tends to incorporate flaws that were obvious in the film.

So, in the film Strange performs no martial arts of any note nor does he demonstrate any fete of athleticism to back up your post.

It does make him less interesting as does the fact he's just not got enough of a developed back story to draw you in. Which is why, in the comics, 95% of anything that made him a great character existed within the world of sorcery.

I feel Cumberbatch as he's opted to play a lame duck in the Marvel Universe.

Shame that.

Dear forum user.
We are sorry in this instant the good doctor did not come up to your expectation.
Cut and pasted his M.O in italics but the first two paragraphs belong wholy to me remaining my own intelectual property.
Any similarities which you will find little are merely coincidental.

Bigga you know nothing of martial arts.
I trained in fu jow pai which is the tiger claw system and I witnessed many of the 12 catas in Stranges movements.
The man is a legend and as for athletisism he never stopped running throughout the whole film.
However your comments have been taken on board.

Strange that the world of critics found the set a masterclass and to be worthy of many top industry awards.

A lame Duck no pal no ! He was a lame Doc and found his way into the halls of Marvel fame by his incredible ability to dance the dance by using powers of the mind.

In the words of kevin Keegan I would love it love it if you reviewed something and then I just didn't like it eh. Love it : /
Who do you think you are by the way..Woody Allen ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear forum user.
We are sorry in this instant the good doctor did not come up to your expectation.
Cut and pasted his M.O in italics but the first two paragraphs belong wholy to me remaining my own intelectual property.
Any similarities which you will find little are merely coincidental.

Bigga you know nothing of martial arts.
I trained in fu jow pai which is the tiger claw system and I witnessed many of the 12 catas in Stranges movements.
The man is a legend and as for athletisism he never stopped running throughout the whole film.
However your comments have been taken on board.

Strange that the world of critics found the set a masterclass and to be worthy of many top industry awards.

A lame Duck no pal no ! He was a lame Doc and found his way into the halls of Marvel fame by his incredible ability to dance the dance by using powers of the mind.

In the words of kevin Keegan I would love it love it if you reviewed something and then I just didn't like it eh. Love it : /
Who do you think you are by the way..Woody Allen ?

I know about 'Tiger Claw and you can't tell me he used anything but the passing nod to the art form! By your assessment every main character is an athlete!!

Come on, I'm a huge Marvel comics fan and even I know the film writers are hamstrung by the character properties of 'Dr Strange'!!

Just seen Donnie Brasco for the first time. Class. Been obsessed with the mafia since watching Goodfellas and having just finished the Sopranos, it's all i want to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.