Last Film You Saw

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FantasyIreland, 23 Mar 2014.

1. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Indolence
    Murder on the Orient Express (2017)

OK ish. Really terrible plot, but I don't suppose there's much they can do about that, since it's a terrible book and the plot is terrible.

However, my overriding impressions were:

1. Kenneth Branagh isn't half as good as he thinks he is. There's a sort of luvvies' emperor's new clothes thing going on with him. He's an institution and everyone says "isn't he just marvellous darling", whilst actually thinking, "I can't understand what all the fuss is about, I think he's a bit shit really." His acting is iffy at best and his Belgian accent diabolical in parts.

2. They spent all their money on the cast and had none left to spend on the train. Anyone who's been on the orient express will know just how beautiful it is, with the Lalique chandeliers and glass panels, the inlaid woods and beautiful marquetry, the crockery and glassware. But no, they just got an old railway carriage and a bit of plywood and painted orient express on the side. Really naff. They didn't even bother getting the correct wine glasses FFS. Doubtless they figured only 0.001% of the audience have every actually travelled on it, so why bother. But really they should have tried harder.

3. What was the point? The film added nothing on the 1974 film, and In fact was worse. They could have just re-run the 1974 version and saved themselves £50m.

What the actual orient express is like:
    [​IMG]

What Branagh managed after the money ran out
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 7 Nov 2017
  2. Barcon

Barcon

That's that bizarre looking Irish kid from Love/Hate isn't it?

3. asahartford1

asahartford1

Just watched;

"Killing me softly"

Still not sure if it was good or not, but I really enjoyed it. The acting was great , but I think there was some poor editing.

4. The killing of a Sacred Deer looks really good. its not on my usual download site though.... Does anyone know where i can download it from?

Ta..

5. taleofbluehalves

taleofbluehalves

Yeah I saw Lion. Great film. Dev Patel was really good.

6. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev
    Wind River - Fantastic film, really well made movie, dead cert for a load of oscars.

7. Bigga

Bigga

Father/ Boys' u8's Climbing Frame!
    The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
    "Ingrid Goes West".

As an actress, I think Aubrey Plaza is one of my favourites, but I wish she'd shake up her roles, some. Saying that, I think she's fantastic in this film. There's a particular character in which she just 'shines' when she plays it.

I'd be interested in what others think of the film.

8. taleofbluehalves

taleofbluehalves

One of those films that’s was received well critically but I found it a hard watch.

9. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev

That is just shit hahahaha. I have seen the sister to the orient at viccy station loads and that is posh as fuck on it's own. That carriage reminds me of booking a so called 5* hotel only to discover it's idea of 5*'s is very different from mine. You you are supposed to suspend disbelief but that is pushing it. Never found Branagh that much cop myself either tbh, he did a vampire film in about 90, that's it. Luvvies are welcome to all that back slapping shit, i have no time for it.

10. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development
    Just been to see Paddington 2. Simply brilliant. Had me in tears at one point.