Last Film You Saw

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FantasyIreland, 23 Mar 2014.

1. Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Gilluminati Slayer
    Jeez. I thought it was complete shite, literally nothing happened. The worst war film I’ve ever watched. No real cinematic scenes and hardly any dialogue, it didn’t even look good.
    4/10.

2. Pleatfooted

Pleatfooted

Slave
    I have to agree with you mate certainly no hacksaw Ridge

3. Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Gilluminati Slayer
    That’s the best war film I’ve seen for a while. I’m not sure how Dunkirk kept anyone in suspense as we all know what happened at the end, in fact I switched it off with about 40mins to go and I really didn’t want to finish it but I was hoping for a really big cinematic ending. Sadly it never came. Oh and that twat Harry Styles was in it for no good reason. ;)

4. EL APACHE TEVEZ

EL APACHE TEVEZ

Brilliant film

5. The Silver Surfer

The Silver Surfer

Runner for Galactus
    Dunkirk. Ok but not the best war film ever by a long shot.

6. Blue Maverick

Blue Maverick

I really think you have to see Dunkirk on the biggest screen possible with the surround system to match, I’ve not seen it on the small screen yet but it blew me away in IMAX, it gave really gravitas to the whole thing.

7. Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Gilluminati Slayer
    I just found it slow and devoid of any real substance. I can’t imagine how I’d feel if I’d paid to watch it.

8. MellowJoe

MellowJoe

Free Fire. It's got Michael Smiley and Cillian Murphy in it.. I thought it must be pretty good.. Nah. I've seen 'Kill List' by the same director which I quite liked, but this was tedious. The idea was sound.. an arms deal in a warehouse goes awry. But the odd funny line can't redeem a movie which is pretty much a solid hour of all the characters crawling around having been shot in the leg or arm. Unrealistic and a waste of time.

9. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev
    I wanted to like it but found myself like you in a desolate ocean of nothingness. There are some films where every single good bit is in the trailer and this is king of that.
    It could have had so much more depth and character but this method of film making left me cold, uninterested and apathetic to the rest of the content.

It kind of annoyed me really as it could have been so much more.

10. PinkFinal

PinkFinal

Rosa Luxemburg (1986)

Last edited: 6 Dec 2017 at 10:26 PM