Last Film You Saw

The screenplay was written by him and Brooks, he was replaced as he burned his face off freebasing.... you can see the part was meant for him though..

I read Wilders autobiography years ago, couldn’t believe the pair weren’t friends off screen, especially with there own screen chemistry!

Oh yes I remember now about him writing with Brooks and who hasn't burnt themselves freebasing and run down the street with a big fuck off afro on fire :). Forget which one but it's a skit in one of his standups.

I wasn't aware he and Wilder was purely a work relationship, might have to look for Wilders book, thanks for that

I think this year has seen some exceptional films. I have recently seen Phantom Thread, The Shape of Water, Three Bilboards, and The Mercy.
Each one, for me, could go into my list of top 20 films.
On the subject though, I have just finished watching the original of 'The Italian Job'. So that is the last film I saw.
Now don't get me wrong, Michael Caine is ok, as, obviously are many older films. Get Carter is a cracking film for example, but lets be honest, if viewed objectively, TIJ is absolute garbage. I admit I had never watched the whole film through before tonight, and I won't be watching it again. Some films stand the test of time, TIJ doesn't and I suspect it was probably shit even in it's time.

The original TIJ is better than the 2003 version I saw that on Saturday night and was cringing in some places...

Death Wish 2018 - very predictable. Never great when you say out loud what is going to happen in the next 5min and you are spot on with every detail.

I get it is a rehash of a basic plot but it did seem to drag on. To much talk, not enough shooting.
Decen5 copy anywhere?

Annihilation. Netflix. True to the title, it does indeed annihilate. Your senses, mainly.

Dog shit. Utter dog shit.

I've seen worse but not many.

^^^ This. Absolute garbage. 3/10

Highlight of the film for me was when they were walking into the haze shimmer thing with all their kit & packs on their backs.
My lad happened to pop into the room as this scene was on, watched it briefly then walked out singing 'Who you gonna call................Ghostbusters'

Red Sparrow - Meh, source quality was poor but 8k would not save this. When a film tries to go deep into a subject but at the same time cover so much ground it always comes of as half baked. To much of it was half montage half a scene leaving the film feeling fractured and incomplete, not exactly like but reasonably close feel in that regard to Dunkirk.

Think of a poor version of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy with the acting of small details particularly unconvincing. Characters feel vague and i found it hard to relate to any of them on any level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.