Last home cup tie vs. United was ??

manclad

City boys we are here,sh*g your women and drink yo
I've been trying to remember when we last played a home cup tie against MUFC and couldn't remember us playing them in the 80's or 90's.
In fact I have to go back to 1975 to when we beat them 4-0 (?) and Buchan put King Colin out of football for 2 years.
34 years is a hell of a long time to wait for a home cup tie against Utd,or did my memory fail me and we have had a home tie against them more recently?

manclad said:
I've been trying to remember when we last played a home cup tie against MUFC and couldn't remember us playing them in the 80's or 90's.
In fact I have to go back to 1975 to when we beat them 4-0 (?) and Buchan put King Colin out of football for 2 years.
34 years is a hell of a long time to wait for a home cup tie against Utd,or did my memory fail me and we have had a home tie against them more recently?

I'm not certain about this but i think the last one was in the 90's when we were winning and then cantona got a penalty (a penalty that he didn't understand why he got it), and then them cunts went on to win the match.

We played them in the FA Cup at Eastlands a few years back didn't we? Game after the 4-3 comeback at Spuds.

Challenger1978 said:
manclad said:

I'm not certain about this but i think the last one was in the 90's when we were winning and then cantona got a penalty (a penalty that he didn't understand why he got it), and then them ***** went on to win the match.

Nope this game was played at OT not Maine Road - I was asking about any HOME cup ties played against Utd.

manclad said:

I'd say you're about right with this ....

although we did play them in a home semi-final before that in 1969/70 ......

the only other 'derby' cup game i can think of was away at the Swamp when Varadi had a goal disallowed in a 1-0 defeat , think that was the eighties.

Challenger1978 said:
manclad said:
Nope this game was played at OT not Maine Road - I was asking about any HOME cup ties played against Utd.

I could of sworn that match was at home.

Definetely away.

Challenger1978 said:
manclad said:

I could of sworn that match was at home.

Was at OT...I was there. Robbed that day!

Halfpenny said:
We played them in the FA Cup at Eastlands a few years back didn't we? Game after the 4-3 comeback at Spuds.

We did play them ...... but i think that was away too ...... didn't we lose 4-2?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.