Lawro Vs Bob predictions

bornblueegg

This did make me giggle…

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25738132" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25738132</a>

Premier League predictions: Lawro takes on comedian Vic Reeves

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.
His opponent for this weekend's Premier League matches is comedian Vic Reeves, star of new BBC slapstick sitcom 'House of Fools'.
Vic Reeves
Reeves claims to "probably have the least knowledge of football of anyone in Britain" - but can he beat Lawro?
Vic admits he spent most of his youth "avoiding football at all costs" and claims to "probably have the least knowledge of football of anyone in Britain".
"I have no idea. I would imagine Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone know 10 times more about football than me," said Reeves, referring to Lawro's glamorous guests from last week who only made seven predictions from the 10 fixtures, including for one match to be rained off.
Vic bases many of his predictions on his geographical knowledge and the industrial history of the cities concerned, which leads him to back Swansea and Newcastle to claim big wins over Tottenham and West Ham.
For the big match between Chelsea and Manchester United, he feels that United will prevail.
"Chelsea? Is that the Kings Road? I would imagine they wear ruffs and lacy collars when they are playing, and Little Lord Fauntleroy suits," Reeves said.
"Tough northern pigeon fanciers from Manchester against flouncy Fauntleroy types? I think I am going to have to go for United."
You can see all of Vic's predictions on Football Focus at 12:00 GMT on Saturday on BBC One and the BBC Sport website (in the UK).
Predictions Score Lawro Vic
SATURDAY
Sunderland v Southampton
x-x
1-1
11-1
Arsenal v Fulham
x-x
3-0
5-5
Crystal Palace v Stoke
x-x
2-1
11-12
Man City v Cardiff
x-x
4-0
1-1
Norwich v Hull
x-x
2-0
0-0
West Ham v Newcastle
x-x
2-1
0-10
Liverpool v Aston Villa
x-x
2-0
0-0
SUNDAY
Swansea v Tottenham
x-x
1-1
12-0
Chelsea v Man Utd
x-x
2-0
2-20
MONDAY
West Brom v Everton
x-x
1-1
400-1
A correct result is worth ONE point. A correct score earns THREE points.
Last weekend, Lawro got six results right, with five perfect scores. His score of 16 was his highest of the season and saw him beat Hollywood heavyweights Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone who got three correct results, with no exact scores, giving them a total of three (although they only predicted one scoreline and five 'winners' out of the 10 fixtures).
We're keeping a record of the total scores for Lawro and his guests (below), and showing a table of how the Premier League would look if all of Lawro's predictions were correct (also at the bottom of the page).
Total scores after Week 21
Lawro
Guests
LAWRO'S PREDICTIONS

SATURDAY

All kick-offs 15:00 GMT unless otherwise stated.
Sunderland v Southampton
Sunderland v Southampton (12:45 GMT)

The news that chairman Nicola Cortese has left Southampton was a surprise because he was doing such a good job and it appeared Saints were an extremely well-run club.
Now all of a sudden there is a lot of uncertainty around St Mary's because we don't know how this will impact on the long-term future of manager Mauricio Pochettino, or the Southampton players.
Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino
Pochettino says he will stay at St Mary's despite chairman Nicola Cortese's departure
I am hearing that some of them might put a transfer request in but I don't think that is necessarily the case. Pochettino's situation might be different, but we can only wait and see.
If the manager stays, as he says he will, then it will probably not make a great deal of difference to the players that Cortese has gone.
This is a tough game for Saints because Sunderland will be buoyed by last week's big win at Fulham.
Adam Johnson scored a hat-trick at Craven Cottage and was outstanding for them but he needs to reproduce that sort of form on a regular basis, because he has got the ability.
It's very difficult to know whether the Cortese news is going to affect the Saints players - or provoke a response from them - because Pochettino is still there, so I am going to go for a draw.
Lawro's prediction: 1-1
Vic's prediction: 11-1
Arsenal v Fulham
Arsenal v Fulham

Continue reading the main story

I just cannot see anything other than a Gunners win

Arsenal have not beaten Fulham at The Emirates since 2010 but I just cannot see anything other than a Gunners win on Saturday.
Fulham beat Norwich in their FA Cup replay on Tuesday night but that was against an under-strength Canaries team and does not hide the Cottagers' own issues, particularly at the back.
They have been conceding a lot of goals recently. Brede Hangeland is back in the centre of the Fulham defence after injury and he will undoubtedly make a difference, but I am not sure that will happen straight away, and certainly not on Saturday.
Even teams who are well organised defensively going to The Emirates now might stop Arsenal scoring for a while, but they do not stop them winning.
Lawro's prediction: 3-0
Vic's prediction: 5-5
Crystal Palace v Stoke
Crystal Palace v Stoke

This is a big game for Crystal Palace boss Tony Pulis, who is up against his former club.
Crystal Palace boss Tony Pulis
Pulis managed Stoke in two spells totalling more than nine years between 2002 and 2013
It is also big game for his players, who are bottom of the table despite their recent improvement because other results have gone against them.
Stoke's 5-3 defeat by Liverpool last weekend was great to watch but both teams had a nightmare defensively.
Liverpool strikers Daniel Sturridge and Luis Suarez got the plaudits for their performances, and rightly so, but the goals that Stoke gave away were absolutely awful.
Pulis will cause his old team some more problems here because, under him, Palace are much better organised.
The Potters have not been great on the road and I am backing Palace to get a much-needed win.
Lawro's prediction: 2-1
Vic's prediction: 11-12
Man City v Cardiff City
Man City v Cardiff

City can cope with Nasri loss
Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri
Samir Nasri has done extremely well for Man City this season. I was not the only pundit to be unsure whether he and David Silva could play in the same team but they have been brilliant.

This season, Nasri looks fitter, stronger and sharper. I think the reason is that he has knuckled down and started to work hard. Nobody ever questioned his ability.

His injury is a blow but this is Manchester City we are talking about. They have the squad to deal with it, as we saw when Sergio Aguero was out.

West Ham rained on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's parade last week by beating Cardiff in his first home game in charge of the Bluebirds.
Things are not going to get any easier for the former Manchester United striker on Saturday either, as he makes his return to Manchester.
I was at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday night to see Manchester City thrash Blackburn in the FA Cup and, the way City have been playing at home, I just don't know what game-plan teams like Cardiff should go for.
Cardiff could pack the midfield, or they could try to man-mark some of the Manchester City players.
Either way, they will just be trying to stop Manuel Pellegrini's men, though, because I cannot for the life of me believe Solskjaer would go there and try to take them on.
If you play an open game at the Etihad Stadium this season, then we have seen what City will do to you.
Lawro's prediction: 4-0
Vic's prediction: 1-1
Norwich v Hull
Norwich v Hull

When Chris Hughton has been under pressure before now this season, he has always managed to get the result he needed

We have been here before this season, with everybody saying this is a must-win game for Canaries boss Chris Hughton.
When Hughton has been under pressure before now this season, he has always managed to get the result he needed and I don't think it will be any different on Saturday.
It might be a good time to play Hull, who have just signed Nikica Jelavic from Everton and have agreed a fee with West Brom for Shane Long.
It has been clear all season that they need a striker and now they are about to sign two but, even if Jelavic plays at Carrow Road, it is a big ask for him to hit the ground running like he did for the Toffees, when he scored on his first start.
Lawro's prediction: 2-0
Vic's prediction: 0-0
West Ham v Newcastle
West Ham v Newcastle

After their good form before Christmas, Newcastle now find themselves on a bad run after losing four games in a row in the Premier League and FA Cup.
Things might get worse for them this weekend because if you are West Ham boss Sam Allardcye and Andy Carroll is ready to start then I think the obvious thing to do is to unleash him against his old club.
I am not sure how strong the Hammers will be at the back because they still have a lot of defenders out injured, but I would certainly back Carroll to cause Newcastle a lot of problems.
Lawro's prediction: 2-1
Vic's prediction: 0-10
Liverpool v Aston Villa
Liverpool v Aston Villa (17:30 GMT)

Suarez - on song, for so long
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez
Luis Suarez has just been brilliant this season. All strikers go through phases when they cannot stop scoring, but the really impressive thing is that he has been brilliant for so long now - his purple patch has lasted all season.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has to decide whether to start with fit-again Daniel Sturridge up front and, the way they ended last week's game with Stoke, when Sturridge came off the bench to score, I think he probably will.
The Reds have been great at home this season and they have a knack of despatching teams in the first half of their games at Anfield.
Aston Villa are much better away from home than they are at Villa Park, so they will not just roll over.
Even so, I cannot see Paul Lambert's team leaving Anfield with anything.
Vic's prediction: 0-0
SUNDAY

Swansea v Tottenham
Swansea v Tottenham (13:30 GMT)

Sherwood will pick a team to try to win the game rather than just stop Swansea

Swansea need a win just to stop them from looking anxiously over their shoulders at the teams below them in the table because they have been drifting a bit.
They still have not made the transition from being able to keep the ball so well to using it to make enough chances. That is the main thing they are lacking.
It has been a difficult season for them but one of the positives is that Wilfried Bony is now starting to show some form.
Tottenham have been doing well under Tim Sherwood and I just get the sense that their squad is a happier ship now than when Andre Villas-Boas was in charge.
Judging by what he has done so far, I think Sherwood will pick a team to try to win the game rather than just stop Swansea, but he might have to settle for a point.
Vic's prediction: 12-0
Chelsea v Manchester United
Chelsea v Man Utd (16:00 GMT)

Manchester United have problems up front because they will be without Robin van Persie and it looks like Wayne Rooney is struggling to be fit too.
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho
Mourinho's side are third in the table, two points behind leaders Arsenal
Defensively United are not particularly good at the moment either and I think Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho will be confident of winning this game.
We know what Mourinho's teams are like in big games like this one. They always seem to be at their best, or at their most durable and difficult to beat.
The best thing about the Blues is that, up until now, they have just been playing well enough to win games and we have not really seen them take anybody apart.
There will come a time when that will happen, no doubt about it. That would make everybody really sit up and take notice, but their title rivals Manchester City and Arsenal are probably already well aware of the threat that Chelsea pose.
Vic's prediction: 2-20
MONDAY

West Brom v Everton
West Brom v Everton (20:00 GMT)

This will be Pepe Mel's first game in charge of West Brom and it will be interesting to see how he approaches it.
The Baggies players will have had a week of his coaching, so Mel will have got his message across.
Everton are very tough opponents for his first game in English football, though, especially with Romelu Lukaku coming back to The Hawthorns, where he did so well on loan last season.
Ross Barkley's injury is a blow for the Toffees but they just seem to keep on picking up points and Monday will not be any different.
Vic's prediction: 400-1

I really do dislike Vic and Bob, their new program is a stinking pile of dog turd and what is the point of being involved in a football predicting competition and then predict scores like that or is that his massive sense of humour coming out again ?

He didn't seem that clueless about football on soccer AM the other week.

Edit it was bob on Soccer AM.

So it is Lawro Vs Vic not Bob misleading post heading lol

Just what is his fascination in wanting to look like Eric Morecambe anyways ?

Why let someone who has zero knowledge on football do this ?

And as for Vic Reeves, he aint funny anyway.

bluealf said:
I really do dislike Vic and Bob, their new program is a stinking pile of dog turd and what is the point of being involved in a football predicting competition and then predict scores like that or is that his massive sense of humour coming out again ?

He didn't seem that clueless about football on soccer AM the other week.

Edit it was bob on Soccer AM.

So it is Lawro Vs Vic not Bob misleading post heading lol

Just what is his fascination in wanting to look like Eric Morecambe anyways ?

If you don't laugh at it, fair enough but why not just let others enjoy it?

mancity5 said:
Why let someone who has zero knowledge on football do this ?

And as for Vic Reeves, he aint funny anyway.

2i8xagk.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.