LAZY ATTITUDE, THE PLAYERS ARE TO BLAME

RobbieBrewer said:
Robbo. said:
That was Sven who put him there

The quote you've highlighted was about Elano.We need ALL our players-especially the ones who can turn a game.The skill is to know how to use and manage them.MH does not appear to posess those skills.
And yes-Sven did put Richards at CB.The point is he looked ten times the player he does now.

So why is that?
My mind is not made up on Hughes - he may indeed be out of his depth. Only time will tell -of which he may not have much left.

But the difference between Richards last year and this may have nothing to do with Hughes.

Consider the situation at Everton. Last year, Lescott was generally superb, while Jagielka was regarded by many Evertonians as a waste of money. The earlier part of this season seemed to have reversed this. Lescott has generally been poor, while Jagielka is regarded by many Evertonians as the player of the season. Recently, Lescott has begun to show something of last season's form.

Everton have had the same manager throughout.

Even the best players go through periods of bad form.

It is usually pretty absurd to put all the blame for a situation on EITHER the manager OR the players. Usually both have some responsibility - as do others. Who precisely ought to receive the most flak for particular failures is known only to real insiders, and to God. I doubt if we have either on this forum.

Robbo. said:
I wasnt one that went to Santander or West Brom but the fans that did "I SALUTE YOU" the club should refund the money for all your expences and take it out of the players wages that will fucking show them.

Where do I claim my £600 from...........?

I find it bizarre that legions of City fans line up to berate OUR players, that they don't care, that they're lazy bastards, that we need to get shot off...

Why isn't the same question asked of the manager?

Has he put a shift in? Is he working his bollocks off... or is he just having an easy life, picking up easy money, knowing he's due a big pay-off when he gets sacked?

What work has Hughes actually done in his time at City?

Are we fitter? Are we better organised? Are we better at defending dead balls?

Are we better at scoring from free kicks? Are there any imaginative tactics being utilised? Is he better at PR? Does he even look excited when talking about us?

He shows no emotion on the touchline... he looks as if he really doesn't want to be here. Maybe he doesn't?

And we're paying about £3m a year for that contribution?

About time those criticising players for lack of effort looked at the total lack of effort by the manager.

I want a manager that works hard. That doesn't keep making stupid immature mistakes. That recognises he has to work for the 90 minutes the players are out on the pitch.

Lazy bastards doesn't only apply to players, you know?

I fear that you are preaching to the deaf, Soulboy.

Unfortuntely a lot of people are easily impressed by cliched nonsense.

Hughes comes in during the summer giving it the big 'I'm the man to sort them out' speil, talking bollocks about a 'football factory' and basically claiming that he is some sort of sergant major who builds crack footbll outfits and the clowns lap it up.

How easily they forget that numerous managers have spouted this bollocks before and that it is complete and utter spin and bollocks. Their counterparts would have said the same in the past about Ball, Souness, John Sitton and all the other two bit 'hard man' managers who think that a tough guy image is enough to make a good manager.

Now, having obviously completely failed in his own stated area of strength, they still buy into the 'it needs a hard man to crack down' bollocks that Hughes, Cook and their cronies are leaking to the media.

It completely ignores the finer points of management, but that's a bit too advanced for the cliche bunch.

Another good one that has been drummed into many over the years is that Fergie nd Wenger were given time, and look at them now. I'm not even going to start on the idiotic simplicity of the cretins that peddle this one as a catch all solution but, needless to say, its the biggest load of bollocks ever spouted in defence of a manager who is doing shit.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I fear that you are preaching to the deaf, Soulboy.

Unfortuntely a lot of people are easily impressed by cliched nonsense.

Hughes comes in during the summer giving it the big 'I'm the man to sort them out' speil, talking bollocks about a 'football factory' and basically claiming that he is some sort of sergant major who builds crack footbll outfits and the clowns lap it up.

How easily they forget that numerous managers have spouted this bollocks before and that it is complete and utter spin and bollocks. Their counterparts would have said the same in the past about Ball, Souness, John Sitton and all the other two bit 'hard man' managers who think that a tough guy image is enough to make a good manager.

Now, having obviously completely failed in his own stated area of strength, they still buy into the 'it needs a hard man to crack down' bollocks that Hughes, Cook and their cronies are leaking to the media.

It completely ignores the finer points of management, but that's a bit too advanced for the cliche bunch.

Another good one that has been drummed into many over the years is that Fergie nd Wenger were given time, and look at them now. I'm not even going to start on the idiotic simplicity of the cretins that peddle this one as a catch all solution but, needless to say, its the biggest load of bollocks ever spouted in defence of a manager who is doing shit.

The problem i have is that, unfortunately, my job is as a management consultant, so i know exactly what is required from a manager. And I extend those philosophies to my team's manager.

I've rarely got it wrong over the years with managers, I can see when they are bullshitting, when they are telling the public what they want to hear.

There's been but a handful of real quality City manager's over the years, but it's always horses for courses, some managers suit certain clubs, others don't.

In my humble opinion, Hufhes will NEVER get it back now, and I think we are simply delaying the inevitable.

Having said that, I'm fairly confident that we will be okay, and that the owners are no mugs. Things will be going on in the background, of that I'm sure, but it may take till next summer to see this sad chapter closed.

It's nice to read an intelligent poster who knows what they are talking about, and not the frequent witterings of simpletons.

for fuck sake we gotaa remember is we are not a high flying team yet, better teams on papper have struggled this season.
we need to give hughes a chance to get the shit out an see what he can bring in.

after what has happend to spurs and newcastle we shouldnt be so suprised

Anyone feel that the players who are underperforming are doing so due to the fact we are looking at strengthening in January and they feel that as though they may/may not be replaced, that they do not see the point in putting the effort in?

moodyblue said:
Anyone feel that the players who are underperforming are doing so due to the fact we are looking at strengthening in January and they feel that as though they may/may not be replaced, that they do not see the point in putting the effort in?

could be. with a reported 200mil to spend tha cud buy a whole new squad so most of em will be shitting themselves.
but surely tha wud make you play harder if ur fighting for your job

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.