League Cup Final 1976 (extended highlights)

The only thing for years that I thought I'd ever see us win in the flesh.

Great memories of when my old fella was alive and going to matches with me. We went down on the Maynes coach from Richmond Park Ashton, I was too young (12) but didn't notice any booze on the trip.

I was at that Final as a youthful 19 year old. I went on a mini-bus with 2 of my friends and about a dozen lads from Burnage. We were in the West End on the Friday night and ended getting thrown out of The Cockney Pride by the bouncers after having a bit of fisticuffs with some WHU fans that were in there. No problems with any of the Barcodes that were in London for the weekend though.
One of the best football weekends I have ever had.

My mum and dad took me to this (aged 11). Sat level with the edge of the 6 yard box on the side where Peter Barnes scored. About the only thing I can remember is two big Geordies from the row in front lifting me high up in the air so I could see Mike Doyle get the cup. Always had a soft (ish) spot for Newcastle after that

I was there as a fresh faced 13 year old with my dad and like only a parent can embarrass you come half time he pulls a pork pie out of his pocket that he had bought from home , second bite a big blob of the jelly pops out into somebody hood on his coat and he did not even have the grace to tap him on the shoulder so when everybody else remembers Peter Barnes and Dennis Tueart i think of pork pies.

I even have a LP of the commentary on my shelf

Just before my time

Notice the players came out in adidas training tops but had Umbro kits?

I was 9 at the time. Remember listening to it on the radio and having to wait for the highlights on Sunday.

My big sister took me to see the homecoming and I saw the cup near Albert Square.

And what a beautiful kit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.