League Cup Final 1976 (extended highlights)

I watched it live as a 15 year old in Ireland as the only City supporter in a room full of Liverpool, Leeds, manure and Arse supporters. It was so fuckin' sweet.
Now I am hearing that it was not shown live in the UK? RTE must have had rights to show it or something.

I always remember Royle's sublime chip. Never knew why it was disallowed.

i remember the day well stuck in traffic my dad hitting the side of a fingland coach in the car park, but the best memory of the day was when trying to get out of the car park our team coach came along side of our car and stopped i jumped out and Tony Book yes skipper opened the door to let me on i stood there 15 year old lad holding the league cup we had just won all the players cheering all the players i idolised, its a memory i will never forget, and a tail i never get sick of telling.

i want one of them adidas hoodie with M.C.F.C on the back

photostream

I was cornered by two Newcastle fans in the coach park after the match having become separated from my mates. They tried to nick my scarf but after a bit of heated debate let it go and wished me luck.

Lovely watch. Football was so nice and innocent back then. I think I liked it more.

“Dennis Tueart walks on water, sha la la la la, la la la laa…”
Denis Tueart- King Of All Geordies was a better chant for this particular cup final.
A little bit of a wind up for The Barcode fans as he originally was one of them.
I remember he swapped his City shirt for a Newcastle shirt at the end of the match.
Come to think of it,that was the nearest a Newcastle United shirt got to a trophy in almost 50 years.!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.