League Cup Final 1976 (extended highlights)

I watched it live as a 15 year old in Ireland as the only City supporter in a room full of Liverpool, Leeds, manure and Arse supporters. It was so fuckin' sweet.
Now I am hearing that it was not shown live in the UK? RTE must have had rights to show it or something.

I always remember Royle's sublime chip. Never knew why it was disallowed.
No it wasn't on live and think highlights weren't on telly till Sunday afternoon

Yes, that one , the Wolves 74 one and the Spuds FA Cup Final one.
What was the Joe Royle goal disallowed for ? # agendayearsago

From what I remember the ref had already blown for a free kick to City for a foul on Barnsy. Shame it was a really fine effort by Joe.

I remember watching the game live at 2:00am in the lounge of the owner of a motel in Rotorua - he couldn't understand why I got so emotional him being a rugby fan and the All Blacks regularly won cups

UnooO4c.jpg

Anyone else got one of these in their vinyl (younger BMers, ask your parents!) collection?
I have one of these also this is me on the morning of the final
9b6e147a2e0dbd5e976fd3946fd4f8bc.jpg

What a great watch -thanks Travis Bickle. It was my 2nd league Cup Final and that's the first time I've seen the highlights other than Tuerts goal. Looking back I didn't realise how close it was . Nothing changes the commentar (Barry Moore?) repeatedly saying how sick the Newcastle team had been all week. The late great Micky Doyle was immense ,I loved Alan Oakes left foot shots.

i went to this final still gives me goosebumps watching the highlights again, i remember on the way out of the stadium walking and singing with my brother in law when he walked past a newcastle fan i turned away and then next minute my brother in laws nose was bleeding, he never did admit he got smacked hehe

Brilliant to watch that. It's before my time and I found myself going "fucking hell" at a few of the tackles and obviously the Tueart goal plus Joe Royale's disallowed one.

Atmosphere looked amazing too.

No goal keeper gloves? Some excellent saves in the 1st half too from both keepers.

Kept hearing you'll never walk alone? Was that a song that most clubs sang back in the day that only a few have kept going?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.