League Cup Final - Post Match Thread

Just watching the spurs game reminded me that var took the edge off two our goals. I watched the ref by his finger to his ear and wondered whether the goals would be allowed. The system has the potential to undermine the explosive joy of the most important moments of games.

Emotional sanitisation.

VAR is never gonna ‘work’ in football.

Tom_mcfc. If that was a foul by Aguero, then why wasn't it a foul on Stones in the match at Liverpool, which was more of a push on John Stones, then Aguero's on Mustafi, sorry Tom but you can't have it both ways. Either they both were fouls or they both weren't, and as the ref's didn't give anything therefore they are both goals.

The only thing that was wrong in the final is that the stadium announcer did say that if VAR was to be used they would announce it. It was only when I got home on Tuesday that I found out that VAR was used for Vinny's goal, because Sane was in an offside position but the goal was allowed to stand
, as Ospina was diving to where Gundogan's shot was going to his right, but Vinny toe poked it into the centre of the goal. However the announcer made no statement about it going to those in charge of VAR system were reviewing Vinny's goal to see if it should stand or be ruled out for Sane was standing in an offside postition.

All goals are reviewed

Poignant that mate.

An absolute legend and world class at his peak.

And we forget at our peril just how big a monkey on our back was the pressure of winning that first trophy before the FA cup final - quite apart from that fucking banner at the swamp

And we forget at our peril just how big a monkey on our back was the pressure of winning that first trophy before the FA cup final - quite apart from that fucking banner at the swamp

No doubt mate.

Yaya dragged us to that FA Cup.

He was unplayable and unstoppable in that era. Swatted opponents away like annoying little flies.

One of the few true legends who literally kicked the fucking door open.

Just watching the spurs game reminded me that var took the edge off two our goals. I watched the ref by his finger to his ear and wondered whether the goals would be allowed. The system has the potential to undermine the explosive joy of the most important moments of games.

Bang on. I thought that at the time too, the announcer doesnt say its been a goal either so it feels like youre waiting for approval to celebrate. Need to get rid of the whole thing. Its not worth it

Thanks for this, so blues take the tinted specs off and watch how that plays out. Ball in the air, defender staring at the ball and watch Agueros eyes, he isn't even watching the flight of the ball, doesn't care where it is. He sees the defenders turns to the side and puts his shoulder in his back. Knew it would put him off and ultimately did. Very clever play and I am certainly not complaining at all I just think with the media narrative being Arsenals weak performance then we all cling to that. If you are running backwards and someone turns into your back it will knock you off balance nothing to do with strength. Where he went wrong was not playing to the whistle and try and get back.
Cheers but Sergio clocked the ball first, next eyes Mustafi, coolly stands his ground and clocks the ball again and then turns goalwards. Absolutely legit.

Arsenal are the worst team in the league for appealing to the ref. No surprise that Wenger carries it on post match. It's their MO. United's woman.

How many times have defenders done that sort of challenge to Aguero, inside and outside the box?? It’s part of the game, really poor positioning by the defender, which caused panic by him and naturally thought he was fouled as he didn’t get the ball. It’s comical, but goes on in all games from Sunday League to the Top level. If they’re going to start penalising for that, they might as well make it non contact.

Bang on. I thought that at the time too, the announcer doesnt say its been a goal either so it feels like youre waiting for approval to celebrate. Need to get rid of the whole thing. Its not worth it

Nah, fix forward, there’s no going back. In 2 seasons people will forget we never had it.

It didn't stop me. I was completely unaware of this until now. I agree though, get rid of it now before it's too late.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.