Least favourite game of the season

Liverpool or Everton away we tend not to do well

But Boro home, away, league or Cup... they are our ultimate bogey team who I never look forward to playing.

In the 80s they forgot to bring their kit to Maine Road so had to go to Old Trafford and borrow United’s and play against us in that.
Early 90s they knocked us out of both cup competitions in the same week with Paul Lake getting seriously injured.
Danny Tiatto scored a wonder goal against them with a dribble from our half and it was disallowed for nowt.
In one game we had something like 20 shots, 12 on target, hit the bar once, the post twice, had two cleared off the line, mullered them all game...they had no shots at all...Sun Jihai scored an own goal late on and they won 0-1.
The last game of the season when we had a penalty against them in the final seconds to get into the UEFA Cup and Fowler had it saved so Boro finished above us and got into the UEFA Cup instead and got all the way to the final the year after.
The 8-1 in Sven’s last game.
We were top of the Prem under Pellegrini and they were in the Championship, we had them at home in the Cup and they beat us 0-2.
Completely bossed a game against them and were 1-0 up and they equalised out of nowhere in the 92nd minute a few years ago.

I know we rarely win on Merseyside but at least the Merseyside clubs tend to be top half/top 6 tough away fixtures, Boro could be in the Conference and still do a number on us the way things have gone against them over the years.
I think I’ll put Wigan in a Cup game just behind any game against Boro now.

We’ve played Wigan in a cup game 8 times now and won just three. They took us to a replay in the League Cup in 1982 when they were in the third tier, they knocked us out of the League Cup in 2002 when they were in the third tier, the beat us in the FA Cup final when they got relegated in 2013, they knocked us out of the FA Cup the season after when they were in the second tier and knocked us out of the FA Cup last night as a third tier club yet again.

I hope we never play the ****s in a cup game again!

I think I’ll put Wigan in a Cup game just behind any game against Boro now.

We’ve played Wigan in a cup game 8 times now and won just three. They took us to a replay in the League Cup in 1982 when they were in the third tier, they knocked us out of the League Cup in 2002 when they were in the third tier, the beat us in the FA Cup final when they got relegated in 2013, they knocked us out of the FA Cup the season after when they were in the second tier and knocked us out of the FA Cup last night as a third tier club yet again.

I hope we never play the ****s in a cup game again!

I want to play them again, with a ref who understands the Laws of the Game and applies them impartially (a forlorn hope, perhaps!) And we get the number of goals that 83% possession should deliver.

I want to play them again, with a ref who understands the Laws of the Game and applies them impartially (a forlorn hope, perhaps!) And we get the number of goals that 83% possession should deliver.
We’ll get a good ref, score four and lose 5-4 to that rabble.

Why is it unbearable anyway? What is the point in being a football fan if you don't look forward to the big games?

To be fair to him, I don't really enjoy derbies either. Obviously they're great during and afterwards if you win, but the build up and fear of losing for the week or so before is never enjoyable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.