Leaving out Elano

I would have been comfotable having Elano play off Benjani from the start on the weekend, and I think he would have been much more likely to make a contribution than Vass.

I'd also look at Gelson, like the lad but do we really need two defensive midfielders against West Brom?

moomba said:
I would have been comfotable having Elano play off Benjani from the start on the weekend, and I think he would have been much more likely to make a contribution than Vass.

I'd also look at Gelson, like the lad but do we really need two defensive midfielders against West Brom?

When Gelson came we said one for the future, unfortunately the future has arrived.

NICKS BACK said:
Uhhh Setanta?

Please pray tell where us where Elano should play and replace

Swp? No

Kompany uhhh? No

Robinho?

Ireland? Sure lets drop Ireland UHHH No

The fact is the strikers(Direct) who Hughes inherited are either

Sturridge, Caicedo, Evans, Jo all inexperienced

Or

Benjani, Vassell, Castillo all useless

Bojinov, Petrov both long term injured.

It makes me sick when I read that Jo was a Hughes signing.

Front six by this reasoning would be.

SWP IRELAND KOMPANY ROBINHO

ELANO

GOD HELP US

Looks slightly lightweight to me

possibly it may be however, until Petrov returns if ever

Ireland Kompany Robinho SWP

Caicedo Jo

Speaking with a couple of Chelsea mates whilst discussing our current dire predicament (who were not taking the piss) said that he was quite comfortable when SWP was required to play on the left by Mourinho, he is a pro footballer after all.

As one said it today, if it had been Henry who scored our Goal or Torres on Saturday, it would have been hailed as Genius.

Play Elano as a Center Forward in a 4-4-2:

---------Hart-------------
Zab Richards Dunne Garrido
-------Kompany------------
Sweep----Ireland----Robinho
------Elano-----------------
------------Sturridge/Jo--

Elano is a bad influence on the team from what i have heard, and regardless of his ability, he needs to be shifted out and quick. If you read the sub-text of Hughes' quotes from Sunday, his words were:

"We have a group of players committed to the cause and working hard." Now read this and it undoubtedly refers to the fact that not all of the players fall into this category, or he would have said squad or team. There is an obvious divide, and some players here are on borrowed time (TF!). These were the same bunch that lay down and took an 8-1 hammering when things didn't go their own way in May. The sooner the dead wood is gone the better.

If the team ethic does not suit you, and you are not appreciated by the management team, then you are out.

The team matters more. I won't particularly cry over Elano, he's certainly replaceable.

Well the group of players (without Elano) certainly did the business for us on Sunday against the bottom side.

That points to a pretty poor squad rather than Elano's undoubted ability. If you were running a business and your best salesman stuck one on you, what would you do, shine his shoes and buy him a new M5?

Hughes needs as much time as he needs to replace much of a pretty poor squad, from top to bottom.

EVIL said:
That points to a pretty poor squad rather than Elano's undoubted ability. If you were running a business and your best salesman stuck one on you, what would you do, shine his shoes and buy him a new M5?

Hughes needs as much time as he needs to replace much of a pretty poor squad, from top to bottom.

It was a decent enough squad last season when we finished 9th. That was before we added £80m worth of players to it.

And if I was running a business and my best salesman stuck one on me I wouldn't give up a cash cow for the sake of my ego.

EVIL said:
Elano is a bad influence on the team from what i have heard, and regardless of his ability, he needs to be shifted out and quick. If you read the sub-text of Hughes' quotes from Sunday, his words were:

"We have a group of players committed to the cause and working hard." Now read this and it undoubtedly refers to the fact that not all of the players fall into this category, or he would have said squad or team. There is an obvious divide, and some players here are on borrowed time (TF!). These were the same bunch that lay down and took an 8-1 hammering when things didn't go their own way in May. The sooner the dead wood is gone the better.

If the team ethic does not suit you, and you are not appreciated by the management team, then you are out.

The team matters more. I won't particularly cry over Elano, he's certainly replaceable.
Had problems with Shakhtar coach. Was a factor is SGE leaving last season, and he falls out with Hughes this season.

The expenditure you quote is certainly not that initiated by Hughes, his signings amount to a fraction of that. Do you dispute the quality of signings that SWP, Kompany and Zabaleta are given the fees involved, compared to the likes of Robinho and Jo?

You wll also find that this is the squad that luckily had a decent start under SGE and then capitulated to near relegation at season's end.

Hughes is about team ethic. Teams win trophies. That's not ego, that's management. I am certain that if the business were your own, you would take a very different outlook. You only have to look at how the elite managers respond to disuptive players in the dressing-room to see what the best model is.

Marvin said:
EVIL said:

Had problems with Shakhtar coach. Was a factor is SGE leaving last season, and he falls out with Hughes this season.

How???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.