Leaving out Elano

EVIL said:
The expenditure you quote is certainly not that initiated by Hughes, his signings amount to a fraction of that. Do you dispute the quality of signings that SWP, Kompany and Zabaleta are given the fees involved, compared to the likes of Robinho and Jo?

You wll also find that this is the squad that luckily had a decent start under SGE and then capitulated to near relegation at season's end.

Hughes is about team ethic. Teams win trophies. That's not ego, that's management. I am certain that if the business were your own, you would take a very different outlook. You only have to look at how the elite managers respond to disuptive players in the dressing-room to see what the best model is.

Hughes approved all of the signings this summer as per public comments from Garry Cook, this is common knowledge.

Whether he 'approved' them or not, these are not players Hughes would have signed or transfers he would have instigated himself. I think his hands were tied. Surely you can see the Robinho circus was just that. It was a show of intent, a statement by the new owners, prior to stating Ronaldo, Messi and Villa were next. I doubt Robinho will see the season through.

Hughes' actual signings are well known and are successful. Tal ben Haim apart, who i guess is a stop-gap as Hughes obviously realised what an inept centre-pairing he had on his hands, and he needed cover with Corluka sold (and Ireland nearly sold?) without his say-so.

EVIL said:
Corluka sold (and Ireland nearly sold?) without his say-so.

Hughes was prepared to sell both Ireland and Corluka according to Cook. The reason we didn't initially is that planned replacements fell through.

EVIL said:
Whether he 'approved' them or not, these are not players Hughes would have signed or transfers he would have instigated himself. I think his hands were tied. Surely you can see the Robinho circus was just that. It was a show of intent, a statement by the new owners, prior to stating Ronaldo, Messi and Villa were next. I doubt Robinho will see the season through.

Hughes' actual signings are well known and are successful. Tal ben Haim apart, who i guess is a stop-gap as Hughes obviously realised what an inept centre-pairing he had on his hands, and he needed cover with Corluka sold (and Ireland nearly sold?) without his say-so.

Hughes and Cook have consistently said in the press that the manager has control of all transfers and that he approved them all. Are they liars?

If replacements were not found that would be the sensible thing to do, and i guess we'll never know the names of the intended new recruits. I would expect Hughes to take that stance on those sales, given the fragility of the squad. Slightly different when the owners call and tell you they have an option on Robinho, and want an answer in the next two minutes please. Do me a favour. You are naieve if you think Robinho is a Hughes signing. We know Jo wasn't, and so far he seems very right on both scores.

Get behind the management team and COMMITTED players, not disruptive players.

EVIL said:
If replacements were not found that would be the sensible thing to do, and i guess we'll never know the names of the intended new recruits. I would expect Hughes to take that stance on those sales, given the fragility of the squad. Slightly different when the owners call and tell you they have an option on Robinho, and want an answer in the next two minutes please. Do me a favour. You are naieve if you think Robinho is a Hughes signing. We know Jo wasn't, and so far he seems very right on both scores.

Get behind the management team and COMMITTED players, not disruptive players.

Hughes joined at the beginning of June, he had a month to veto the signing of Jo if he wanted so do me a favour and stop spouting nonsense that he wasn't Hughes signing.

You obviously think that our Chairman and Manager both talk bollocks because they have confirmed that Hughes sanctioned all these signings.

Rather than blindly getting behind the manager I like to look at the facts.

We really don't know what the score was with transfers, he had no money really to spend before the Arab's came in if he did he wouldn't have brought in TBH i mean he has not got the qualities a team striving for honours would be looking at!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.