Leaving the ground early ?

sput the wonder pig

It was a fucking sweet shop...not a chippy
Now, i know there has been a debate on this in the pastbut i just wanted to add my 2p's worth..

I actually leave my seat when the board goes up or sometimes just before and i park in the East Car Park as i have small children and its much easier for me.

Today i decided to applaud the players off and not leaving early... i got back home at 6.25 after being stuck in the car park and traffic for an hour and a half...

Now, when i leave a few mins early i get out of the car park str8 away and get home for 5.30..

Im sorry but when you take small kids to the game the last thing you need is another hour and a half of moaning !!! for the sake of 2 or 3 mins...

And if anyone from the club is reading... why oh why do they have a car park holding thousands of cars and at full time have traffic lights letting about 10 cars at a time out....

there rant over

A big nosed, moaning git (not Anton ;] ) didn't even show for the second half...i don't know why he bothers at all? he's a prat, he shows up about 10 mins late to each half and leaves 15 minutes early. Against Pompy with 20mins to go he says to the guy in front "i'm going watching the rest in Mary D's"

Ridiculous.

I can't understand why people use that car park. Nightmare to get away fom, plenty more for the same price a short healthy walk away which I use with my youngster and you get away quickly not having to wait for all the pedestrians to clear.

Won't be a problem when it's developed.

What if everyone in the ground decided to do as you do then? Would that couple of mins turn into ten so you could get away quickly.
Then if everyone realised 2 mins wasnt enough they'd all leave 10 mins early and so on. It's up to you when you leave mate but like other posters have said why not find a better place to park?

we also park in East car park,nightmare to get away.About 10 queues of lanes merging into 2.The lights need sorting out near the gas works and the one just after under the bridge.

sput the wonder pig said:
Now, i know there has been a debate on this in the pastbut i just wanted to add my 2p's worth..

I actually leave my seat when the board goes up or sometimes just before and i park in the East Car Park as i have small children and its much easier for me.

Today i decided to applaud the players off and not leaving early... i got back home at 6.25 after being stuck in the car park and traffic for an hour and a half...

Now, when i leave a few mins early i get out of the car park str8 away and get home for 5.30..

Im sorry but when you take small kids to the game the last thing you need is another hour and a half of moaning !!! for the sake of 2 or 3 mins...

And if anyone from the club is reading... why oh why do they have a car park holding thousands of cars and at full time have traffic lights letting about 10 cars at a time out....

there rant over
I'm always moaning about people doing that, but now that you've explained it, I understand.

At the same time at other grounds there doesn't seem to be a mass exodus 10 mins from the end....perhaps we have a unique car parking problem then. Not a car driver so I hadn't realised the extent of the problem

Its entirely down to the Police closing down Alan Turing way to let the pedestrians leave first. wankers, the police not the pedestrians. A foot bridge might help.

davefrombury said:
What if everyone in the ground decided to do as you do then? Would that couple of mins turn into ten so you could get away quickly.
Then if everyone realised 2 mins wasnt enough they'd all leave 10 mins early and so on. It's up to you when you leave mate but like other posters have said why not find a better place to park?

Dave,

I remember Bolton earlier this year i parked in there car park and still got to stockport for 6.... and that was waiting till after the final whistle !!!... I just think the club need to sort out the filtering system around the ground to stop people leaving early... coz i dont want to and hate watching the west stand from my seat empty with between 5-10 mins to go..... i dont see any other prem ground empty like ours does.. ( maybe Arsenal )...

Like i said if the car parks actually allowed cars to leave there wouldnt be a problem...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.