Lee 'Bad buy' Bradbury

Imagine having Bluemoon back in the day.

"Rumour has it Lee Bradbury is a done deal"

"Get in. Fucking brilliant. We might avoid relegation now"

Repeat for any of the following;

Steve Daley
Kevin Reeves
Bob Taylor
Martin "Buster" Phillips
Robbie Fowler
George Weah
Nery Castillo.

Probably missed 10 off that list too
I thought Kevin Reeves was pretty good.
Loved his flicked goal at Anfield.

Garbage amongst a lot of garbage we have paid top dollar for. If you thought he was bad Laurie Cunningham ran him a very close second.

He bagged 2 on his pre-season debut at Burnley..... was all down hill after that....
I've never trusted pre-season performances and that one was a classic reason not to. The only good thing I can remember Bradbury doing in a City shirt was missing a last minute chance to win that game at the New Den in 98/99 - we may not have got out in one piece if that had gone in.

The atmosphere among the City fans at aways during that run-in to relegation was really bad - as well as Port Vale, Middlesbrough on a Friday night was another depressing experience, not too surprising given the way the club was heading and as another poster mentioned if BM had been around then the meltdowns would have been monumental. Happy days! ;-)

ahh port vale away, was reported that day that howard hughs, deputy chairman of the bank of england was seen in the queue to get in to watch his beloved blues

Howard Davies? Deputy governor and a big City fan.

Howard Hughes on the otherhand would have been a handy chairman owner, he could have afforded a whole team of Badbuys

My memories of Bradbury are that he looked like a fan who had won a competition to play in the first team. He shot when he should've passed and passed when he should've shot. He ran in to his own players and couldn't control the football. How £3m was spent on him with nobody ending up inside is beyond me.

But that's all beside the point as he was better than Bob Taylor.

Garbage amongst a lot of garbage we have paid top dollar for. If you thought he was bad Laurie Cunningham ran him a very close second.

Laurie Cunningham?
Wasn't he one of the West Brom legends from the late 70s who ended up at Real Madrid before tragically dying in a car crash?

If you mean the dopey Tony Cunningham, then I'm with you all the way. However, I do remember him scoring at Ninian Park, and celebrating as though he'd just scored a Wembley winner.

Howard Davies? Deputy governor and a big City fan.

Howard Hughes on the otherhand would have been a handy chairman owner, he could have afforded a whole team of Badbuys
Don't know where I got Hugh's from, yes Davis that's him

Definitely the amputee football at half time.
Wiekens scored for City at our end, and I remember wondering why the City players had spent so much time rehearsing their goal celebrations, when we desperately needed more points to avoid relegation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.