Lee Dixon nbc comentary twitter becomes outraged

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by urban genie, 12 Feb 2017.

1. BOMBER7967

BOMBER7967

Haha, "Tom, you no good cat....."

2. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    "Momma Two Shoes gohn get veeeeeerry angry wid y'all now Tom!"

3. idahoblues

idahoblues

Gringo isn't a derogatory term by itself, it does refer to white people, mainly yanks but if you're white and a brit you're a gringo too. If preceded by 'pinche' or followed by 'puto' then they're having a dig. I've worked with hundreds of mexicans over the years and can normally hold my own with our amigo's

4. urban genie

urban genie

Yeah had the same years ago with my wife also when I went for a chinese meal with work mates, one of their fellas asked my missus what meal was a favourite back home, Being Thai and not chinese she wasn't impressed.

Last edited: 13 Feb 2017
  5. geoff clipp

geoff clipp

To be fair, the use of "mammy" character is pretty problematic. I think people kick off way too easily these days about the whole "you can't say anything anymore" thing. It's not a bad thing that people are beginning to broadly agree on the fact that some racial stereotypes aren't particularly helpful and that some groups have had to put up with being portrayed in an unfairly reductive way in the past. It's inevitable that some things that we used to think are ok might not be so cool after all. It doesn't mean that we were terrible people for finding certain portrayals of different people funny in the past, it's just indicative of the fact we're actually starting to listen to other kinds of people outside of the narrow groups that have traditionally dictated the national discourse. I think in the past when people have pointed out to me that some views I've held myself might actually be a bit racist, I've taken it quite personally and desperately tried to defend my position. Now though, I've come to the conclusion that if somebody from a particular group is telling me why they find something racist or offensive or whatever, it often pays to actually listen to what they're saying as I usually learn something and seeing things from all kinds of perspectives gives you a more well rounded view of the world.

6. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

rag hater
    That wasn't Tom's owner.

That was the maid / servant.

7. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    Even worse.

8. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

rag hater
    Yep!

9. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev
    to be honest it is is not great i just blurted out the first thing that came to mind for comedic effect. It is ok though but still a bit watery, good for a summer bbq if your drinking all day.

10. Barcon

Barcon

Nowt wrong with Gringo. I refer to myself as one when I'm in Mexico.
    Over here I refer to myself as a caker. That's what the Italians over here call us.