Lee Dixon nbc comentary twitter becomes outraged

Because Dixon wouldn't make that noise if Son wasn't asian? It's not notably offensive, especially considering the amount of casual bullshit south east asians have to put up with.
So how the fuck is it racism? Casual or not?

And do you know if he'd make the noise or not?

Making a noise that is usually associated with a nation or region doesn't mean racism.

If the lino is French during a CL game and the commentary team says he says "non" does that make it racist?

Much a fucking do about nothing from ****s that simply have to be offended by everything.

So how the fuck is it racism? Casual or not?

And do you know if he'd make the noise or not?

Making a noise that is usually associated with a nation or region doesn't mean racism.

If the lino is French during a CL game and the commentary team says he says "non" does that make it racist?

Much a fucking do about nothing from ****s that simply have to be offended by everything.
Not really convinced the link between all south east asians and stereotyped kung fu noises are quite the same as French people speaking French tbh. Kung fu noise isn't actually the official language of the region. It's more equivalent to making some random joke about French people eating frogs legs or some other childish stereotype (although still not really, as the French are a nation, not a race in the way asians are, given that the joke wasn't about him being specifically Korean).

It's casual racism because the "joke" is that he is asian and that's a funny stereotype associated with asians. It's not particularly offensive as I said, it's more just the usual childish bullshit you'd expect from a 10 year old in school. But it's tame shit to be honest not remotely worth getting bothered by, you get stuff like that about asians all the time as they aren't a protected species in the way some other races are (make a joke about "funny" jewish or african stereotypes and see how long you last on tv)

I am sick of people saying I hate blacks, women and gays. It's false and slanderous.
Everyone who knows me knows I hate the Chinese.

If anyone gets offended by this they must have really shit lives. Not racist at all, if anything it devalues the word even more. How can anyone making a comment be labelled the same word that KKK and Adolf were? Ridiculous

Not really convinced the link between all south east asians and stereotyped kung fu noises are quite the same as French people speaking French tbh. Kung fu noise isn't actually the official language of the region. It's more equivalent to making some random joke about French people eating frogs legs or some other childish stereotype (although still not really, as the French are a nation, not a race in the way asians are, given that the joke wasn't about him being specifically Korean).

It's casual racism because the "joke" is that he is asian and that's a funny stereotype associated with asians. It's not particularly offensive as I said, it's more just the usual childish bullshit you'd expect from a 10 year old in school. But it's tame shit to be honest not remotely worth getting bothered by, you get stuff like that about asians all the time as they aren't a protected species in the way some other races are (make a joke about "funny" jewish or african stereotypes and see how long you last on tv)
Still not racism though.

Suggesting it is just completely dilutes the word.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.