Leeds United 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife's mother turned up this weekend with her new fella and yep, you guessed it he is a Leeds Utd fan.

First words out of his mouth when he saw my lad in his City kit was "i will have to sort that out and send a Leeds kit up" didn't go down too well.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaarkshire ****!

They're like Villa fans, still think its the 70s or 80's when they were good and relevant.
Its hard to explain to them that for them, even if they were promoted, the Premier League bus has sailed and FFP in whatever form its re-incarnated in essentially means they are cannon fodder forever barring the odd extraordinary result, unpalatable but true. Its all about the money:
Turnover 2016
City - 583 Million
Villa - 108 Million (and thats Prem League finance thats gone this year)
Leeds - 30 Million

They're like Villa fans, still think its the 70s or 80's when they were good and relevant.
Its hard to explain to them that for them, even if they were promoted, the Premier League bus has sailed and FFP in whatever form its re-incarnated in essentially means they are cannon fodder forever barring the odd extraordinary result, unpalatable but true. Its all about the money:
Turnover 2016
City - 583 Million
Villa - 108 Million (and thats Prem League finance thats gone this year)
Leeds - 30 Million

Leeds could be a big club with good management. Could get 45k crowds I would imagine.

Of course they could pull big support, as can Villa. They will just not be able to join the top table.
They just can't amass the income necessary as the initial loss making outlay to build a good enough squad can't be done under FFP.
The Turkeys voted for x-mas giggling at City getting fined by UEFA for alleged transgressions so Happy Christmas boys, enjoy your mediocrity.

Happy-face-clip-art-smiley-face-clipart-3-clipartcow.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.