Leeds Utd v City - 1976/77 FA Cup

That was the third round tie in January 78.

Watching this though, just before it shows Corrigans save, it showed a Leeds player get fouled and get straight back up without rolling around for ten minutes. The same with there goal, Cherry was fouled, got up and scored.

Oh for a return to real football instead of todays sterilised game.... or am I just being nostalgic.
I remember Corrigans save described as the Save of the Century during the MOTD commentary and it finished second in MOTDs Save of the Season in their end of year poll....wtf Was too young to 'experience' 70s Leeds away but bring them back to the PL. Whatever you think of them great loyal following home and away. Much better than having 200 Palace or Hull fans. Hope Monk gets them up

Yes if my memory serves me right we were to the right of the goals in the open end and the police at first were allowing the geordies to give us a kicking. For some reason (probably panic) I headed to the centre spot and sat down where Mick Doyle politely told me to fcuk off. Anyway I was threw out but blagged my way back in again 5 minutes later.
Every time I went to St James Park in them days there was always some drama, not proud to confess but I woke up in a police cell at 10pm after the 4-3 title winning game in 1968 and was charged with drunk and disorderly. It wasn't the £3 fine that still annoys me it was the fact I didn't get to see all the game and the celebrations after.
If I recall it right there was an overspill from the gallow gate end and kids were getting crushed so the dibble let geordie kids into our end, so of course the big lads followed and carnage ensued, we won the game, but we sure as shit didn't win the fight

I remember Corrigans save described as the Save of the Century during the MOTD commentary and it finished second in MOTDs Save of the Season in their end of year poll....wtf Was too young to 'experience' 70s Leeds away but bring them back to the PL. Whatever you think of them great loyal following home and away. Much better than having 200 Palace or Hull fans. Hope Monk gets them up

Let me guess, on the BBC ... the goalie from a certain team in Trafford won?

I was at the cup game we won 2-1, huge City following that day. I think I was about 13 years old. I remember leeds fans coming on the pitch, and then some City fans started to go on the pitch. Dennis Tueart came over to the City fans and pleaded with them to get back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.