Legally a bedroom?

talkativesprout

Stupid housing association are playing the rubber pig. 3rd bedroom is this size (floor space)

103bv46.jpg

With the headboard and footboard a single bed is too long

so i asked them to move a radiator so I could get the size single bed in without having to remove the head or footboard (integrated legs connected to each end). At the moment it has the foot end removed and holes drilled into the wall and pinned with brick anchors. They say they will move it but charge me for the pleasure of being able to fit a bed in a bedroom. I could get it done by a friend that isn't a problem but being a bit of a ****, i feel it's a principle thing.

So i did a bit of digging and came up with the housing act of 1985 which states the floor area has to be more than 50 sq. ft. or more but less than 70 sq. ft. ½ unit (child under 10)

By my dodgy area calculation @ 48.6 ft sq that room is not legally big enough to be a bedroom thus making overcrowded.

Am I correct in thinking this? Anyone a clearer understanding of this?

Should I brick my windows and kick my wifes back doors in (rhetorical)

Showing my age but from what I remember 75 square feet was the minimum for a single bedroom, don't know whether that a legal requirement or build standard.

I take it this is for under occupancy for HB? If so it's not the housing association it's the government's rules they are reinforcing. And the rules relate to what the house was built as not bedroom size.

I take it this is for under occupancy for HB? If so it's not the housing association it's the government's rules they are reinforcing. And the rules relate to what the house was built as not bedroom size.

No, It is mainly about my Housing association not wanting to move a fuckin radiator so i can get a twatting bed in a bedroom. I thought I had mentioned it in the first paragraph of my initial post.

Sick to the back teeth of them I'm afraid, so it's heels in till i move house and give them as much shit as possible. totally unhelpful cunts to the max

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.