Legends XI

Rocket-footed kolarov

Can we assemble a team of club legends, rules are they have to be a true club legend; no cult heros and 2 only 1 player per club.

this is the back four I am going with

Zanetti (Inter) Puyol (Barca) Aldair (Roma) Maldini (Milan)

Can't decide on whether to go for Casillas or Buffon in goal, are there better options as a GK?

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
Can we assemble a team of club legends, rules are they have to be a true club legend; no cult heros and 2 only 1 player per club.

Can't decide on whether to go for Casillas or Buffon in goal, are there better options as a GK?

Trautmann

Rascal said:
Rocket-footed kolarov said:

Trautmann

Good shout, Trautman was a top keeper in his day and has most of what I was looking for; Undoubted legend, long career and loads of appearances at club, class player only snag is medals; he only won the 1956 FA Cup in a 15 year career at our Club, even Aldair of Roma has won more medals. It is either him or Iker Casillas. If we go with Bert I would go for Raul (Real) as one of the strikers and Mancini (Samp) at CAM.

The Pink Panther said:
Surely Bobby Moore has to be in the back four

Good point I didn't think of him, although would he be as much as a legend for West Ham if he was n't an England legend? Mainly looking for club legends first and foremost, out of the back four I picked only Puyol's international achievements are as good as those for his club. Also Aldair was important part in one of Roma's great teams just like Zanetti, Puyol and Maldini were for their clubs.

Ovo said:

Yeah if you go for him you take up Real's allocation,

This is my front three Di Stefano (Real) Eusébio (Benfica) Pele (Santos)

Other candidates for the team are Edgar Davids (Juve) including him to give the midfield balance, Roberto Mancini (Samp), Rivelino (Corinthians), Zico (Flamengo) Garrincha (Botofogo); gone for the Brazilians as they are shining lights and don't have much competition to be their clubs' representatives.

mcfc2607 said:

Yeah he was under consideration, but only want one legend from one club, having Aldair means we don't end up with Hansen or Pallister, Bruce Etc because you can't have any one from the Milan Clubs because of Maldini and Zanetti and the best alternatives for CD are Gaetano Scirea (Juve), Franz Beckenbaur (Bayern)and abit uncomfortable playing a sweeper as a conventional Centre Back and it means players like Matthaus or Oliver Kahn can't be picked for Bayern or others for Juve. Plus the number of stand out forwards is greater than stand out defenders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.