Leicester (a) Carabao Cup QF pre-match thread

Leicester City (a) Carabao Cup prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You, like several other posters, don't care whether we lose or win a game. Thank Christ that the overwhelming majority of fans want us to win every game.
I want us to win the game obviously but won’t be going mental on the match thread if we rest some players and don’t win. Like bodgers was saying in the press today, Copy the Scottish programme and get this comp out of the way before Xmas. Plus remove the two legged semi final.

Hopefully this’ll be nothing like the starting line-up. We need to field a team that contains 8-9 top drawer players and 2-3 max fringe/youth. All this bollocks of prioritising. We are on a roll. Winning is infectious. So is losing. Pep will go strong. And all the “hope we get knocked out” preachers can crawl back under their Giggsy duvets.

I’d like to see us go stronger than the team I posted tbh, and hopefully the 11 point gap will give us a bit of flexibility in terms of the team we choose. Whether you like it or not though, the Carabao Cup is obviously not a priority for the club.

after all the years of not winning anything, we should be going after every trophy we can. play a mix of youth and first teamers.

Pep will probably rotate a bit, but it's a quarterfinal of a very winnable cup - we're not going to punt this.

Ederson, Danilo, Ota, Managala, Delph, Fern, Gundogan, KDB, B. Silva, Sterling, Jesus
Ridiculous starting eleven. No way that Ederson, Fernandinho, KDB or Sterling will start. Doubtful that Otamendi, Delph & Gundogan will too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pep wants to win something. He's all about trophies. Makes sense to go harder hear than next weekend. We have an 11point lead, FFS.

I’d like to see us go stronger than the team I posted tbh, and hopefully the 11 point gap will give us a bit of flexibility in terms of the team we choose. Whether you like it or not though, the Carabao Cup is obviously not a priority for the club.
I never said it was a priority. If it were, we'd see the same team that demolished Spuds. What I absolutely cannot understand, or abide, are "fans" trotting out shite like "I don't care if we win" or "the sooner we're out, the better". And plenty have posted those views on here. The day I'm happy we lose a game or the day I don't care if we win is the day I turn it in. And I'll never turn it in. I want us to win. Every. Single. Time. We. Play. It's that simple.

Could try this line up: But I do not think Pep will. I will be interested if Pep puts faith in Diaz and Foden from the start.
Before Saturday I thought that Leicester , on 4 match win streak would beat Palace - but hey Ho. they lost.
So I imagine the Foxes will put out a strong line up - as they will think , like all teams left in - 2 matches in the Semi - and we could be in the final.
I think it could go to penalties........... 7 first team squad members and 4 from EDS.
Bravo
Danilo Adarabioyo Mangala Zinchenko
Yaya
Gundogan Bernardo Foden
Diaz
Kun

Yaya is most definitely gonna play and that is worrisome against a pacy side. Maybe it's time we try Gundogan or Zinchenko as pivot.

Ridiculous starting eleven. No way that Ederson, Fernandinho, KDB or Sterling will start. Doubtful that Otamendi, Delph & Gundogan will too.
would be surprised if gundogan didnt start. I also think kdb might play as we always seem to struggle when him and Silva aren't in the side.

I never said it was a priority. If it were, we'd see the same team that demolished Spuds. What I absolutely cannot understand, or abide, are "fans" trotting out shite like "I don't care if we win" or "the sooner we're out, the better". And plenty have posted those views on here. The day I'm happy we lose a game or the day I don't care if we win is the day I turn it in. And I'll never turn it in. I want us to win. Every. Single. Time. We. Play. It's that simple.

Well, no City fan I know wants us to lose any game we play either. Most are pragmatic enough though to know that we will rest a lot of senior players on Tuesday night, rightly or wrongly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.