Leicester (A) Post Match Thread

All I know is that 25% on here need to give their heads a wobble and start believing.... It's ok don't worry, we really are the best team in the land and we will win the League...!

The morose buggers will have their work cut out for the next Premier League game. They won't have last season
to compare against.

Yes it was. It's easy to say 'oh Vardy would have been away'. But if someone gives you a free ten grand bet Vardy gets a shot away but holds a gun to your head & says if Stones tackles him first, he pulls the trigger, I recon it suddenly looks borderline & you are not taking the bet
Doesn't matter. It was "an obvious goalscoring opportunity" and therefore a red imo.

About bloody time we start getting some good luck.

That said, I'd have preferred the red card and no hamstring injury, so we weren't entirely blessed in that game were we.

Doesn't matter. It was "an obvious goalscoring opportunity" and therefore a red imo.

About bloody time we start getting some good luck.

That said, I'd have preferred the red card and no hamstring injury, so we weren't entirely blessed in that game were we.

To you & some on here & ex refs, the media etc. To me & others & the ref in the game, not. And how many can be certain of Stones' (or Ederson's) chances of intercepting, in real time, without the super slo mo or close up ?

Hence the word 'obvious' or 'clear' cannot be applied without someone deciding it on a replay.

I thought at the time it was probably a red, and would've been a bit aggrieved if the boot was on the other foot. Can understand why a relatively inexperienced ref didn't give it though, especially so early in the game.

Think if Stones had been a stride close it wouldn't have been a red, a stride back and it would have been a definite red, he was in that grey area it could have gone either way wouldn't have complained too much if it had gone the other way. I think Stones would have caught some players not so sure he'd have caught Vardy.

The ref has to be sure that it is a clear, goal-scoring opportunity but when he looks at the situation, in that split second, he has to answer the question of whether or not Stones is in play. It is easy to look at countless replays and state that he wasn't going to get back, the ref doesn't have that luxury. Additionally, Vardy hasn't even touched the ball, the ref has to guess that Vardy will control it perfectly and be clean through. Having said that, if it was one of ours going through in that situation, I would definitely want and expect the red card to be shown.

The law is clear goal scoring opportunity, with the possibility of Stones covering and how far out Vardy was I wouldn't say it was clear. I would say though he could have been sent off and I don't think there would have been much arguments against it, I just don't think it was as clear cut as made out.

That's Arsenal and Leicester now where we have had big decisions in our favour, strange feeling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.