Leicester charged by PL for failing PSR

Leicester's owners were criticised for most of the Rodgers years, certainly the latter part of that period, for not spending on the squad and not keeping up with the rest. In their last season they spent absolutely nothing, whilst letting Schmeichel go who was holding it all together for the club up to then.

Is this the same period that they are falling foul of FFP?

Leicester's owners were criticised for most of the Rodgers years, certainly the latter part of that period, for not spending on the squad and not keeping up with the rest. In their last season they spent absolutely nothing, whilst letting Schmeichel go who was holding it all together for the club up to then.

Is this the same period that they are falling foul of FFP?

Its wages that do clubs like Leicester and other clubs similar, they bought and sold sensibly last few years but to keep up especially when you won the league fa cup you have to pay wages higher than normal..

Quite funny that Leicester were one of the clubs threatning to sue us, yet here they are running foul of the same rules.

But I hope they wipe the floor with the PL. Hope us, Forest, Chelsea and yourselves join them.
Spot on. Been banging this drum for ages. Not to mention that they failed Championship FFP in 2013/14 the season they got promoted and didn't settle with the EFL until 2 years after they won the PL title. How would Leicester have liked it if the clubs they got promoted at the expense of had sued them?

That said, I agree on your last point - I hope between us all that we bring the whole shitshow that is PSR/FFP to an end. I'm all in favour of financial regs that give protection to clubs from going bust, but not ones that restrict investment from ambitious owners.

Spot on. Been banging this drum for ages. Not to mention that they failed Championship FFP in 2013/14 the season they got promoted and didn't settle with the EFL until 2 years after they won the PL title. How would Leicester have liked it if the clubs they got promoted at the expense of had sued them?

That said, I agree on your last point - I hope between us all that we bring the whole shitshow that is PSR/FFP to an end. I'm all in favour of financial regs that give protection to clubs from going bust, but not ones that restrict investment from ambitious owners.

That settlement was a massive 3.5m apparently

From what I've read they had the biggest wage bill outside the Big 6, interesting times ahead for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.