On This Day 26th April 1969: Manchester City FA Cup Champions:

Updated: Thanks @Agueroooooooooooo

First Final trip for me I was only 4 years old so have no real memories of the day Hopefully a few older Bluemooners will be able to share there memories of the day.

55 Years Ago Today City beat Leicester City 1-0 in the 1969 FA Cup Final:

City were the last Club to win the F.A.Cup at Wembley in the Month of April:

View attachment 116050

1969 Revisited:

Short Highlights:

Full Match:

Ahh…

You FOC, 4 years old. I was 1 day old at that time so Dad decided he would raise me as a Blue. Can understand, new baby, City just won, makes perfect sense…

Thanks for 45 years of pain Dad.

Still, miss you so much.

The FA Cup Final was always the last game of the season. I assume it was in this case. No wonder the players nowadays are knackered.

I've posted this on Bluemoon before, here is a photo of me and my Dad at Wembley in April 1969. I was 12 years old, I would be 13 at the end of June 1969.
That’s a great photo but it looks like it’s from another age…I don’t remember the day like that - shows how your memories can play tricks !

That’s a great photo but it looks like it’s from another age…I don’t remember the day like that - shows how your memories can play tricks !
To be honest,I don't remember much about the day at all, but it's over half a century ago,so I completely agree with you that it looks like it's from another age.
When you think about it,the M6/M1 to London had only been open a few years, steam trains had only just been phased out a few years previously and we didn't get a colour TV for another 12 months ( Dad got one so we could watch England at the 1970 World Cup).
The currency was still £ S D and I still had 3 more years to do at grammar school.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.